PDA

View Full Version : Does UPGP Work?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Legacy
04-24-2008, 02:33 PM
This is the 3rd coat of UPGP over DWG. Seems to get better on every coat.

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x229/rsurfer1/005.jpg

atticdog
04-24-2008, 02:57 PM
looks awesome!!

did you let dwg cure before applying upgp? and if so is it necessary?

Legacy
04-24-2008, 03:34 PM
looks awesome!!

did you let dwg cure before applying upgp? and if so is it necessary?

No cure time for DWG, but I did let it cure for about an hour before buffing and then applying UPGP. UPGP requires a 12 hr. cure time between coats. In 24 hrs. I`m going to top the UPGP with DWG to see if there is a difference.

SuperBee364
04-24-2008, 04:04 PM
Wow, that is a gorgeous shot. Looks like a killer LSP combination you have going there.

Legacy
04-24-2008, 08:19 PM
Wow, that is a gorgeous shot. Looks like a killer LSP combination you have going there.

Thanks, for the kind words.

wannafbody
04-24-2008, 09:09 PM
Good work, looks great

Legacy
04-24-2008, 09:51 PM
Good work, looks great

Thank You. Tried all kinds of combo and this seems to be the best.

Bigpikle
04-26-2008, 10:15 AM
looks superb - my car is the same colour and is now on its 2nd layer of UPGP over PPP. I know from last year it gets better on layer 3, but was just pondering what other stuff might mix in well with it, and maybe DWG is what I need...I want the same level of wet as you have there :drool:

Legacy
04-26-2008, 12:14 PM
looks superb - my car is the same colour and is now on its 2nd layer of UPGP over PPP. I know from last year it gets better on layer 3, but was just pondering what other stuff might mix in well with it, and maybe DWG is what I need...I want the same level of wet as you have there :drool:

Thank you Bigpikle, I`m going to top it with DWG and see if there`s a difference in wetness. I still beleive that UPGP should be my LSP because it`s polycharged and should last much longer than topping with DWG, but we`ll see.

Bigpikle
04-26-2008, 01:15 PM
well I did the 2nd layer of PGP today, but was pondering 2 questions:

1. a better base product for it - add more wetness - CG EZ Creme, PB Black Hole etc?

2. whether to top it with OS, as I find it beads and sheets much better than PGP?

I love the way OS releases water - seems to be self drying on my other car, and no matter what I do I just cant get even fresh PGP to do the same. The beads seem to hang around on it? PGP definitely seems to release dirt extremely well though, and my new touchless foam wash routine gets it 98% clean I reckon without the need for a contact wash, and I dont get that on much else...

All in all though, I really do like the look, application and all round ability of UPGP.

alowe
04-26-2008, 01:45 PM
That shot almost looks fake or CGI, WOW!

imported_Bence
04-26-2008, 02:13 PM
Yep, I second Bigpikle`s observation. Water beads can "stick" to the UPGP layer. As I open my trunk, a surprising amount stays on the vertical lid without running off.

OOS however, sheets the water off nearly completely. Best product in my experience.

Legacy
04-26-2008, 02:52 PM
Yep, I second Bigpikle`s observation. Water beads can "stick" to the UPGP layer. As I open my trunk, a surprising amount stays on the vertical lid without running off.

OOS however, sheets the water off nearly completely. Best product in my experience.

I`ve used OS for some time, but cannot get the final looks like UPGP can produce. UPGP is also polycharged and should last longer than OS.

Legacy
04-26-2008, 02:53 PM
That shot almost looks fake or CGI, WOW!

What is CGI??

pt91
04-26-2008, 03:14 PM
i believe it means computer generated image.....not real