PDA

View Full Version : New Guy Here!

rrosenbush1
04-23-2008, 03:08 PM
Hello, First off just wanted to say hi to everyone. I just found this forum and it is just what I have been looking for. I used to be a detailer for about 8 months at Carmax, but I had to leave it because I moved. I fell in love with my job there. So here I am now wanting to do it again just this time as a part time thing out of my garage! I have already orderd my buffer and random orbital. I just wanted to know what kind of products that you all recomend for like the engine, tires, compounds and wax ect. At Carmax we used Blue Coral and that stuff sucks IMO. Any help or advice will be well appriciated. Thanks everyone hope to hear from you all soon!

Rob

BigAl3
04-23-2008, 03:23 PM
first off... :welcome

second... check out the "click & brag" section (also the "detail product discussion") and you`ll see many different pad/product combos used on a variety of vehicles...

AutoNova
04-24-2008, 01:50 PM
Welcome fellow detail freak, as the veterans always tell me "search and read" a lot.

The only chemicals in my exterior arsenal: APC 10:1, APC (prewash) 20:1, Tire Cleaner 1:1, Super De-greaser 4:1, Acid Neutralizer and Industrial Strength Cleaner wipes.