PDA

View Full Version : Picked up new extractor yesterday!!

Snafooz1
04-22-2008, 08:04 PM
Hi guys, i`ve been browsing around for some time and have found some good information. Thanks to everyone

Most recently, I was in the market for a new shampooer since the one I was using was a old one with the small hose attachment. It worked well but was time for something bigger and better.

Yesterday I picked up the Aztec HotRod, and since i`m only 45 min from the factory went down to see them and was quite impressed, got to play with one in the shop and the people there were very nice and informative.

I tested it out today and was very impressed with it, nice hot water and a whole lot of vacuum. I was testing it out on a friends car using woolite mixed in a spray bottle and scrubbed the carpet and seat with a brush and then over with the HotRod came out very nicely and best of all the dry time was quite short compared to what i was using.

My question is, what other products are you guys using with the extractors to get superior results? The woolite was nice, just want to be able to accompany the power of the HotRod with a cleaning agent that is on the same level.

jshillin
04-23-2008, 06:05 AM
Sweet, did they hook you up?? I was just looking on the website and don`t see a price. How much did it set you back?? I`ve been looking at extractors for a few months now.

gmblack3
04-23-2008, 06:25 AM
You will want to get some air movers to always dry the carpet as fast as possible.

http://autopia.org/forum/detailing-product-discussion/88344-picked-up-two-air-movers-fans-interior-drying-after-extraction.html

AutoNova
04-23-2008, 01:06 PM
I have had the Ninja Sensei for a couple of years that I got from Top of the Line. It has been great, except after the first 6 months the motor went out but the warranty covered it although I had to ship it across 2 states. It is nice to live somewhere where you can test what you buy.

On the chemical part, I have never put any chemical in my extractor. I have always used the apc w/ protein stain remover and brused it on the carpets.

Air movers are nice, I have noticed that if I allow the water to get good and hot before using, that the carpets are mostly dry by the time I finish the detail.

Also quick back and forth strokes seem to clean better than long back and forth strokes.

Showroom Shine
04-23-2008, 02:01 PM
Congrats! I have the same piece of equipment. I LOVE mine. I`ve had it a little over a year.

I use Folex and the Woolite mix too. I have never put any product in the tanks but water. I was told by the manufactor the life of the machine would be longer if all I used was water. So I spray the mats, carpets etc, with either Folex or a mix of a couple products. Sometime I spray a light coat of any liquid carpet spot remover then use the heated water lightly and extract. Works wonders!

Snafooz1
04-23-2008, 06:22 PM
I will have to look into the air movers, im just using a normal box fan right now. From the factory i paid $599, when i first called they told me $699, i old them i could get it online for $619 with free shipping and then they told me $599...haha

oh well its a good investment and will pay for itself i`m sure...and about the adding chemicals in the water thing, they also said that it would void the heating coil warranty if you put the chemicals in with the water...i dunno i`ll stick to just spraying it onto the carpet...

AutoNova
04-23-2008, 06:38 PM
I have 2 of the Stanley fans but never use them, after reading gmblack3`s post I will have to make bettter use of them. I wonder what the most effective way to set them in the car is to get the quickest drying time?

I did not have enough sockets in my shop to make use of them but now I had a bunch installed to handle my heavy equipment so I can use them more effectively. I used to use the blower on my wet/vac.

beachcities
04-23-2008, 06:38 PM
Forget the air mover. Do the carpets first thing before the paint correction. Then turn the car`s heater on to the lower position that point at the floor. You will be dry in1/2 the time.

AutoNova
04-23-2008, 09:56 PM
Forget the air mover. Do the carpets first thing before the paint correction. Then turn the car`s heater on to the lower position that point at the floor. You will be dry in1/2 the time.

With this I see a few issues:

1. You have to leave the car running which would add to the heat and fumes in the garage.

2. The lower vents don`t produce enough air to dry rear carpets adequately.

3. If the engine is running the hood is getting warm impairing waxing.

Invigor
04-23-2008, 10:29 PM
I have 2 of the Stanley fans but never use them, after reading gmblack3`s post I will have to make bettter use of them. I wonder what the most effective way to set them in the car is to get the quickest drying time?

I did not have enough sockets in my shop to make use of them but now I had a bunch installed to handle my heavy equipment so I can use them more effectively. I used to use the blower on my wet/vac.

I always have them on the back seat pointing down under the front seats. leaving the doors open just a crack.

VroomVroom
04-24-2008, 10:19 AM
I`m enjoying this thread - thanks, folks. I`ve been contemplating an extractor for a few months now...definitely a matter of when, not if.

Mindflux
04-24-2008, 10:57 AM
With this I see a few issues:

1. You have to leave the car running which would add to the heat and fumes in the garage.

2. The lower vents don`t produce enough air to dry rear carpets adequately.

3. If the engine is running the hood is getting warm impairing waxing.

Not to mention that heat will `brown up` damp carpet.

AutoNova
04-24-2008, 01:39 PM
I can say that it would be helpful to be a Contortionist with an extractor. I have gotten in positions no one should ever witness.

Snafooz1
04-24-2008, 02:18 PM
I can say that it would be helpful to be a Contortionist with an extractor. I have gotten in positions no one should ever witness.

I agree, from my days installing car audio and alarms i`ve gotten used to bending all sorts of fun ways...