PDA

View Full Version : Can you tell me the ultimate process with meguiars or mothers?

B@tm@n
04-22-2008, 06:04 AM
Can you tell me the ultimate process with meguiars or mothers? I want to know that because those two are the only professional brands that are awailable in Iceland.

steelwind101
04-22-2008, 06:28 AM
Hello!

I presume you mean the 3 step processes?

Mothers all the way! Heres why:

IMO the Step 1 is pretty much the same in both of the ranges, no difference there.

Step 2, the Mothers Sealer and Glaze (does not seal the paintwork) fills more imperfections then Meguiars Deep Crystal Polish (no mechanical abbrasives or chemical abrassives). Mothers also gives a deeper, richer look. The Meguiars stuff can dry fast and be a PIA to remove. Both are apply a panel at a time and wipe off products.

Step 3 is where the Mothers out right wins, there wax is much nicer looking and longer lasting then Megs Deep Crystal Wax. If you get the tin instead of the liquid it will last ALOT longer too. In the UK i can manage about 9 weeks of good looking protection from the Mothers wax.

Both systems are effective but fairly old and in need of an overhaul. But if thats all you can choose go with the Mothers.

Geoff

B@tm@n
04-22-2008, 07:35 AM
Well. I wasnt only talking about the 3 step sets, but its good to know.

wannafbody
04-22-2008, 08:23 AM
clay

Mothers PowerPolish

Mothers Reflections

teck
04-22-2008, 09:11 AM
Wash w/ Meg`s NXT

Meg`s Smooth Surface Clay

Meg`s DC Step 1-2

Meg`s NXT 2.0 wax ir Meg`s #26 Yellow Tech Wax

or

Wash Mothers Californa Gold

Mother`s Clay

Mothers Step 1-2

Mother`s Carnuba Paste or Mothers FX Top Coat

imported_MCA
04-22-2008, 09:34 AM
Assuming you have access to their professional/body-shop lines:

1. Wash with either Meg`s Gold Class or Mother`s California Gold (or equivalent - not sure if "California" is used in Ireland)

2. Clay (Moderate contaminant - Mother`s Clay...Minor contaminant - Meg`s Smooth Clay)

3. Polish - Meg`s #83 (Medium abrasive - If needed) followed by Meg`s #80 (Light abrasive)

4. LSP - Many choices here...I am really digging Meg`s NXT 2.0 right now. You really can`t go wrong as both Meguiars and Mother`s recent LSP offerings have been pretty good in my opinion (Meg`s #21 version 2, Mother`s Reflections / FX series, etc.)

Step #3 is the most important step...ANY LSP will look good if you do this.

cowboytruckn
04-22-2008, 09:50 AM
I am a big Mother`s fan. I would go to MOTHERS® Polishes·Waxes·Cleaners (http://www.mothers.com) and you can find anything you want in the detail guide or wax forum.