PDA

View Full Version : TR6 vapor cleaner nightmare

fatsniper
04-21-2008, 11:03 PM
I ordered a TR6 a week ago from allbrands.com, man I couldn`t wait to clean with it when it arrived today...but my excitement quickly faded when I realized it is a P.O.S. The box it came in looks like a china low budget piece of crap, it was missing the triangle attachment and cloth, and the factory "certificate" (guaranteeing my unit as new and in perfect condition).... the owners manual is very basic and full of misspelled/misused words, furthermore the manual refers to a "digital readout" on the tr6, which my TR6 does not have, and it does not state "optional" for that readout either....it states "optional" for the pressure gauge, which I have. The worst thing is the machine cuts off so much it is practically useless. I am lucky to get 30 seconds of steam before it cuts off and beeps (like its out of water), flashes, beeps, flashes, ect. I have to push the button and then I get more beeps and flashes, then maybe after a few minutes of this, it will kick on again for another whopping 30 seconds..... Now I have to PAY to send this piece of junk back to Vaporclean after a whole hours use. If you are looking for a vapor cleaner, you should stay away from this company altogether.

sneek
04-21-2008, 11:44 PM
wow sounds bad....

welcome to Autopia?

Junebug
04-22-2008, 12:16 PM
I read several stories like yours over on the mobileworks forum. Good luck!

jshillin
04-22-2008, 12:21 PM
Man, sorry to hear that, you should have ordered straight from Vapor Clean. I have a TR5 and have no problems at all with it.

imported_PaPaHoFF
04-22-2008, 12:31 PM
Man, sorry to hear that, you should have ordered straight from Vapor Clean. I have a TR5 and have no problems at all with it.

agreed. my TR5 has not run out of steam for me yet heh. Ive cleaned an entire interior(carpets, seats, you name it I did it) and the wheels which had really stubborn brake dust and still had a lot of water.

BobD
04-22-2008, 12:38 PM
I just got to use my LadyBug Vapor Steamer this weekend and love it. It takes a little while to heat up but once it is heated it stays heated really well. I used it on a nasty Blazer I did.

fatsniper
04-22-2008, 02:58 PM

It shipped directly from Vaporclean (jupiter, FL). The included sheet instructs you to contact Vaporclean if you have trouble with the machine... of course when I called, they told me to contact allbrands...uggh! Here is a video of this masterpiece in action....

YouTube - TR6 Vapor Cleaner in "action" ..what a POS!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pytikfI8aDI)

Junebug
04-22-2008, 03:22 PM
Bob - you going to start carrying the "bug"?

jesselyons2002
05-05-2008, 11:27 PM
It shipped directly from Vaporclean (jupiter, FL). The included sheet instructs you to contact Vaporclean if you have trouble with the machine... of course when I called, they told me to contact allbrands...uggh! Here is a video of this masterpiece in action....

YouTube - TR6 Vapor Cleaner in "action" ..what a POS!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pytikfI8aDI)

Man that video was annoying. Kept hearing the "beep beep beep" :shocked

Charlies02GLS
05-06-2008, 01:04 PM
Other than the price point for the TR5 I couldn`t recommend purchasing anything from Vapor Clean. I`ve had numerous emails go unanswered about pre-sale questions, usage, specs, etc...terrible Customer Service.

Mine hasn`t crapped out but I would have rather put the money towards a more expensive unit from a more reputable company. Sorry to hear about your troubles