PDA

View Full Version : AJ vs AJT

wfedwar
04-21-2008, 09:54 PM
I have AJT, but haven`t tried AJ. Any reason to use both? Does AJT just replace AJ?

(AJ=Jeff`s Werkstat Acrylic Jett and AJT=""-trigger, the spray version)

Rob Tomlin
04-21-2008, 09:57 PM
I have AJT, but haven`t tried AJ. Any reason to use both? Does AJT just replace AJ?

(AJ=Jeff`s Werkstat Acrylic Jett and AJT=""-trigger, the spray version)

Yes, AJT basically replaces Acrylic Jett

From their website:

For a while now, we`ve been wanting to advance our famous Acrylic Jett formula in an even easier, more sprayable direction. It sounds simple, but to do so while maintaining the same high concentration of active ingredients was a challenge that required re-assessing the specific blend of polymers. Instead of an obstacle, though, we took this as an opportunity to also explore ways to make the product even wetter and slicker.

This is the result: the 3rd Generation of our Acrylic Jett formula, which we affectionately call Trigger!

Like its fraternal twin--the original and much-loved Acrylic Jett--Trigger creates an exceptional wet gloss coating. Its purely protective formula allows easy layering over itself, over original A.Jett, or over Prime. The beauty of our acrylic polymer blend lies in its outstanding optical properties. The ultra smooth coating reflects low-angle incident light for crisp, clear reflections while the coating`s high refractive index allows higher angle light to refract into the surface for improved depth of color. And, the light transmittance of acrylic polymers exceeds that of even optical glass, ensuring that the beauty of your paint will be revealed with unobstructed clarity.

imported_DieselMDX
04-22-2008, 01:07 AM
imo ajt is much easier to use so i always find myself grabbing ajt

dogma
04-22-2008, 01:46 AM
AJ is pain to get off if applied to thick or if you let dry to much. AJT is a breeze. I find that AJ lasts longer though maybe because AJT has to to be watered down a little.

wfedwar
04-22-2008, 09:50 PM
So AJ does seem to last longer? If that`s true, it may be good to have both...

Rob Tomlin
04-22-2008, 09:52 PM
So AJ does seem to last longer? If that`s true, it may be good to have both...

I guess that is possible. I have only used the AJT, with satisfactory, but not superb results. Perhaps the original AJ would have been better?

wfedwar
04-22-2008, 09:59 PM
I guess that is possible. I have only used the AJT, with satisfactory, but not superb results. Perhaps the original AJ would have been better?

What wasn`t superb? Look, durability? Thanks,

Billy

Rob Tomlin
04-22-2008, 10:24 PM
What wasn`t superb? Look, durability? Thanks,

Billy

Durability. Looks are great, especially on Metallic Silver. Nice and wet, with very "sharp" reflections. :cool:

Scottwax
04-22-2008, 10:28 PM
AJ seems a bit more durable and definitely more cost effective if you do a lot of cars with it. You tend to use more AJT to cover a car simply due to the application method. If you use AJ, just make sure you knock down any high spots with your foam hand applicator (do not attempt to machine apply it unless you hate yourself) before either wiping off the excess, or moving on to the next panel.

wfedwar
04-22-2008, 10:30 PM
AJ seems a bit more durable and definitely more cost effective if you do a lot of cars with it. You tend to use more AJT to cover a car simply due to the application method. If you use AJ, just make sure you knock down any high spots with your foam hand applicator (do not attempt to machine apply it unless you hate yourself) before either wiping off the excess, or moving on to the next panel.

Can you use it more or less like HGSG? I have used that before and more or less kept polishing until it was gone.

Rob Tomlin
04-22-2008, 10:32 PM

The sprayer isn`t the best either. I have a hard time getting a fine, even spray. As such, I wind up spreading it around with the MF, then wiping off. Yep, definitely wasteful.

RobD
04-23-2008, 08:21 AM
The smoothest/easiest application I`ve found is using a MF applicator. If you massage AJ into the paint till it nearly disappears (it`ll just look like a very slight, thin film remaining on the paint.. or sometimes none at all) there is no trouble removing the residue and/or clearing out the finish.

Sometimes you`ll leave a high spot which is noticeable during removal, just reapply with whatever AJ is left on the applicator then buff - easy.

Or.. you can apply it in a more traditional fashion, but it must be removed right after application. Even then, depending on the weather, some areas can dry so fast that removing it is an effort.

I prefer the first method.