PDA

View Full Version : Time to Confess...

Pages : [1] 2

ricka
04-21-2008, 09:54 AM
Figure fellow Autopians have at least one OCD thing they have to do to their precious cars.

Mine are always QD`ing the hood so I can admire the reflection as I drive, constantly clean the windshield, and wipe down the wheels every couple of days.

My wife thinks I`m nuts, but I reply that I could have more damaging obsessions.

Your turn...

VroomVroom
04-21-2008, 10:34 AM
I`ll add an every-other-day wipe-down of the exhaust tip to your list. Ditto dusting the interior surfaces.

Macruz19
04-21-2008, 10:50 AM
I QD my car (Z-6,UQD,ONR) Monday, Tuesday, Weds, Friday, that`s if it does not rain, since my car only gets light dust.

Sunday or Monday is wash day.

Raz5219
04-21-2008, 09:22 PM
+1 on the hood reflection. I love seeing it shine in front of me as I`m driving :heelclick

Invigor
04-21-2008, 09:26 PM
my door jamb has to be clean. ALL the time. No boot marks, dirt, dust...NOTHING!

Driver`s side anyways...unless I have to ride shotgun, then that side has to be clean too!

Another thing I`m quite anal about is clean side mirrors. They have to be spot free or I get silly about it!

NCZ13
04-21-2008, 09:30 PM
my car must be washed once a week. i dont care what my neighbors think.

my engine bay must be tidy as well.

cctxdetailer
04-22-2008, 06:12 AM
I catch myself sliding my finger tips across the fender as I walk away or to my truck.

Another is getting rid of all the water from the cracks and crevices after a wash. It bugs the heck out of me when I see drips coming from the mirrors and bumper trim.

Domas
04-22-2008, 06:31 AM
Wheels... I hate when they become dusty even from the shortest drive, I clean the often...

dmw2692004
04-22-2008, 07:45 AM
lets see..

everytime i walk by my car i always run throgh a full detail and the steps in my head. and normally ii keep a microfiber in my glovebox to dust off the inside when i need too. my wheel wells drive me crazy, i hate seeing them dirty. what ekse.. oh. wheels and platic trim that is not treated.

the list culd go on forever.

Accumulator
04-22-2008, 11:13 AM
I clean the windshield almost every day, and the inside glass (as needed) on the dog-haulers. And I do the undercarriage/etc. at *every* wash.

But I gotta admit that I don`t do much of any between-washes work; I`ll *sometimes* ONR/FK425 the wheels if they`re getting nasty and the rest of the vehicle is clean, but not very often...I usually just let things get dirty :o

getcha
04-22-2008, 04:09 PM
Always dusting crevices and vents with a brush.......in other peoples cars

charlesaferg
04-22-2008, 04:29 PM
I`m so OCD with detailing everybody elses car that I never have time to work on my own.

God, it`s like the old story of the plumber without a running toilet.

Shocker, I know...

imported_advs1
04-22-2008, 08:40 PM
well i dont think its OCD, but i ask every that i am talking to, to feel how soft and smooth my paint is. if they dont, i get hurt. or even if they say "yeah" and dont mean it

GP guy
04-22-2008, 09:10 PM
I laugh when people say, boy your car is soo shiny? I say yeah every waking minute is spent on making it look that way, then my reply to them is, your car could look that great too ! And try to give them some encouargement for a future customer.

scott2314
04-23-2008, 05:32 AM
Since the weather got nice here in South Jersey, I break out the duster and qd every day. I now keep a little kit in my trunk. I want to do the stuff at work before the long drive home...