PDA

View Full Version : Exterior Care BETWEEN Washes?

Pages : [1] 2

doni49
04-20-2008, 09:20 PM
I live in an apt and don`t have a garage that I can park in.

I`m hoping for suggestions to deal with the inevitable bird droppings/pollen etc between washes.

I`ve been hand washing it on the weekends (bought a pesticide sprayer per a suggestion here in a previous thread). It looks fantastic when I`m done but I don`t want bird droppings to sit on there for a week and I also don`t want to go out there and wash it every time a bird drops a bomb.

Thanks.

seanbreaux
04-20-2008, 09:30 PM
Get Quik Detailer and a good MF cloth to use for the bird droppings and to keep it looking nice. Apply wax to the car as your protective barrier against things coming in contact with your paint.

Just some thoughts

:spot

doni49
04-20-2008, 09:49 PM
Thx. I had some of that in my hand last weekend but I put it down. I was concerned with the idea of spraying this stuff on there and then just wiping it off. I thought maybe it would cause damage.

So do I really just spray it on and wipe it off? Does it need rinsed/dried?

Afterwards do I just simply rinse out the MF towel.

Thanks a bunch!

BlueLibby04
04-20-2008, 09:56 PM
Qd doesnt need to be rinsed but you do need to wipe it dry or it will spot/streak.

Soak the bird poo real good and turn to a clean side of the MF often.

doni49
04-20-2008, 10:01 PM
Thx. I`ll pick some up this week then!

rebelde33
04-20-2008, 10:55 PM
In your case, I would try to Quick Detail more often than wash if the weather`s good. If it rains or snows, then you would definitely need a wash.

Devious27t
04-21-2008, 12:53 AM
Dust+QD=quickest way to mar your paint (IMHO). If you have bird droppings, obviously get rid of it as fast as you can (to save for deeper issues than marring). Otherwise, i would recommend holding off wiping the car down until you can wash it.

wfedwar
04-21-2008, 06:11 PM
Dust+QD=quickest way to mar your paint (IMHO). If you have bird droppings, obviously get rid of it as fast as you can (to save for deeper issues than marring). Otherwise, i would recommend holding off wiping the car down until you can wash it.

I agree. QDs don`t lubricate enough to keep from swirling up most finishes.

teck
04-21-2008, 06:15 PM
Car Duster and Megs UQD or Victory`s Fast Finish

mrgoochio
04-21-2008, 07:49 PM
Maybe a durable sealant instead of wax would be good if you can`t wash as often as you would like.

doni49
04-21-2008, 07:53 PM
I just had a thought. If ONR is safe to use for a full wash without having to rinse, I could just keep a spray bottle in the back with a bunch of MF towels. Maybe dilute it a little less.

BigJimZ28
04-21-2008, 08:50 PM
Maybe a durable sealant instead of wax would be good if you can`t wash as often as you would like.

IMO a wax is much better protection from the bird droppings

he his talking about than most sealants

mrgoochio
04-21-2008, 09:14 PM
I had the impression he doesn`t have the means to wash his car on a regular basis, he didn`t really state how long he goes inbetween both. Wax may be a better protection against the environment, but if it doesn`t last long enough then that would be a problem..

BigJimZ28
04-21-2008, 09:24 PM
I had the impression he doesn`t have the means to wash his car on a regular basis, he didn`t really state how long he goes inbetween both. Wax may be a better protection against the environment, but if it doesn`t last long enough then that would be a problem..

:secretcollinite or #16

doni49
04-21-2008, 10:31 PM
I had the impression he doesn`t have the means to wash his car on a regular basis, he didn`t really state how long he goes inbetween both.

From my original post:

I`ve been hand washing it on the weekends (bought a pesticide sprayer per a suggestion here in a previous thread). It looks fantastic when I`m done but I don`t want bird droppings to sit on there for a week and I also don`t want to go out there and wash it every time a bird drops a bomb.