PDA

View Full Version : Autopians near Richmond, VA?

tett
04-20-2008, 08:39 PM
Hey guys...

anyone know of any Autopian-level pros in the Richmond, VA area? There a couple of detail shops here, but I don`t know much about them.

baseballlover1
04-20-2008, 08:46 PM
I am in Roanoke. But i usually like to take two days on full corrections and i dont think you would want to drive all that far for anything less. I will be in Washington DC later this summer.

brwill2005
04-20-2008, 08:49 PM
Hey guys...

anyone know of any Autopian-level pros in the Richmond, VA area? There a couple of detail shops here, but I don`t know much about them.

If you can not find someone from the site, you may want to contact Gina at Carpool`s Detail Center. She is the manager and is very well regarded in the industry.

baseballlover1
04-20-2008, 08:49 PM
tdkeney (sp) is in fairfax and he is also amazing.

howareb
04-20-2008, 08:56 PM
You are about an hour away from me, so if you cannot find anyone then let me know.

What type of car (model, year) and how good is the paint (from your estimation)?

kpounds
04-21-2008, 09:33 AM
I`m on the east side of Richmond near the Airport. You can PM me or post what you`re looking to have done and I`ll let you know if I can do it. I also have pictures of jobs I`ve done that I can send you.

walnuts
04-21-2008, 10:06 AM
PM sent tett.

tett
04-21-2008, 06:48 PM
Walnuts...

Got PM... replied...

CarPool? Wow... I didn`t know they did paint correction type stuff... particularly after seeing all the wiping going on for the standard washes.

I have a 91 Miata beater I just bought, but I have parts to replace before I get anything done, such as the driver`s side door and left front fender... after that, I`m going to give it a go myself... If I screw it up, I`ll need a go to after that.

More than anything, I was curious to know if there were any detailers thriving in this area, as I don`t see many posts from a Richmond source. Didn`t realize some of you were so close!

Thanks guys, I`m enjoying the info. Definitely a fun hobby.

Tett