PDA

View Full Version : uninspiring CMW results

darkRide
04-20-2008, 05:33 PM
Did my first detail (ever.)

Clayed, polished and put on a some RMG. Wow the RMG gave much life to the black paint.

So I was all the more looking forward to the CMW. But right after the first panel I found it was kind of muting the RMG if anything, and not bringing anything of its own to the show.

I must have done something wrong with the moose wax. I did the first panel with the PC and a black pad on low speed. I then switched to applying it by hand. I varied the time I`ve let the wax dry on different panels looking for a better result, nay.

Should I give CMW another shot this summer or try something like Natty bue?

imported_DieselMDX
04-20-2008, 11:26 PM
I did not like natty blue, i thought cmw had good wetness but was not very slick

Scottwax
04-21-2008, 12:04 AM
Which one did you use? Carnauba Moose (white) or regular Moose Wax (brown)? Carnauba Moose definitely has a darkening affect.

darkRide
04-21-2008, 09:50 PM
Which one did you use? Carnauba Moose (white) or regular Moose Wax (brown)? Carnauba Moose definitely has a darkening affect.

The white one. That`s probably it, it darkened the paint. I used to put gold class, it definitely doesn`t give the same effects.

What`s the best way to apply it with the PC? I did some with a black pad, speed 2.

Scottwax
04-21-2008, 11:12 PM
I usually apply it by hand. By machine, use a finishing pad and speed of 3.

imported_Amused
04-22-2008, 09:06 AM
I`ve always applied it by hand and worked it panel by panel. From my perspective, CMW gives more of a "glow" than "wetness". With that being said, it`s possible that it`s muting the wetness you`re achieving with RMG. I can`t say for sure as I`ve never applied it over RMG. Scott^^ should have better insight wrt that.

Wasatch
04-22-2008, 11:27 AM
I really like CMW, it is more of darken effect, plus wettness sounds right. I usually apply to the whole vehicle, wait about 20-30 minutes then remove. A very easy product to remove, I also apply/remove by hand.