PDA

View Full Version : Foam vs. MF Applicator Questions

luaufish
04-20-2008, 03:02 PM
Hello. I`ve been reading and searching quite a bit here, but I still have some basic questions before I make some purchases.

I am about to polish and wax a new 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee (steel blue metallic) for the first time. I plan to do both by hand.

I was curious whether I should be using a foam applicator or a MF applicator. I was looking at the Sonus MF Applicator pads that Autopia sells. I also plan to get the Sonus MF polishing towels. If foam applicators are preferred, please list the brand I should be considering.

I plan to use Meguairs polish and gold class wax. Both are liquid products. If I should be using something else, please speak up. :) These are left over from my previous vehicle (which I always used terry cloth towels on....poor thing).

Should I be polishing the new vehicle this early? There is only one minor scratch in the paint on the roof as far as I have seen after several washes.

Any advice will be much appreciated.

Thanks for the help,

Mark

deathlok
04-20-2008, 03:51 PM
use what you find more convenient. ( If I were you I will clay first)

Doing all the work by hand it is very very difficult so shoose something with fillers in it

scott2314
04-20-2008, 04:53 PM
I`ve always used foam, but this weekend I used the mf applicators that came in a Pinnacle Liquid Souveran kit. I found it was much easier to apply a thin even coat with the mf. I`m done with foam.