PDA

View Full Version : Flyer Distribution Times

Pages : [1] 2 3

mcc
04-18-2008, 05:43 PM
I know a lot of you guys have probably distributed flyers in the past. If I was going door to door on foot, how long would it take to distribute let`s say.....1000 flyers? I realize there are a lot of variables, such as distances between house, but let`s just say it is your average suburban neighborhood. How long should it take to deliver 1000?

Any advice is appreciated. I know that they have mixed results, but I`m working on some various ideas and just wondered how long actual delivery might take.

Thanks!:)

Twista616
04-18-2008, 06:54 PM
You figure atleast 10 minutes per...and that all depends on if you get the door slammed on your face, or if you have long conversations with people. Are you door knocking or just placing a flyer on their door?

A good way to get your face out there, but very time consuming! Goodluck!

mcc
04-18-2008, 07:08 PM
Oops! Perhaps I gave the wrong impression. I`m not going door to door talking to people, that would be far too time consuming. I`m just talking about running up to the door and leaving a flyer between the handle and the jamb or door. Some areas have newspaper boxes that I could drop them in at the street where paper carriers have driving routes. That would be great, as I wouldn`t even have to walk to the door. I`m just leaving a paper flyer, not talking to all of the people.

I figure this should be a good way to get some exercise and make some headway on days where I don`t have something scheduled.

PRESSURE PACKED
04-18-2008, 08:02 PM
Why Go House To House And End Up Putting Them On Cars...i Recommend To Go To The Supermarket Or A High End Store Parking Lot Next To The Hood You Are Trying To Target.(chances Are They Shop There)..i Would Also Recommend Taping To Office Windows At Night

MrNorwall
04-18-2008, 09:39 PM
i know its against the law to put stull in people mailboxes, but what about on their mailboxes, like taping to the front?

mcc
04-18-2008, 09:43 PM
First, I would never put flyers on cars in a parking lot. Most people absolutely hate getting something put on their car, and a lot of malls and such have security that would run you off, as they don`t want their lot littered with hundreds of flyers that people discard on the ground.

There is a reason for visiting homes. I wasn`t trying to go into that, only trying to see if anyone knew how long it took to get out and deliver them. My wife and I have a mobile auto detailing service, and a house cleaning business. So, I can kill two birds with one stone, so to speak. I can advertise our cleaning business, plus our detailing service at once, to lots of potential customers in somewhat high end neighborhoods.

I was also thinking about the possibility of trying to see if I could get enough interest to just do car washes at homes in an area. Kind of a car wash route, assuming there is enough interest and it could be worked out logistically. So, I could promote many things in one flyer trip.

Does anyone have any idea how long it might take to deliver 1000 to individual homes? 500? Anything?

Thanks again.

mcc
04-18-2008, 09:47 PM
i know its against the law to put stull in people mailboxes, but what about on their mailboxes, like taping to the front?

I think it is illegal as well, though people do it on rare occasions here. I have no intentions of doing such. I have never heard anything that would discourage me from using the box under the mailbox that some people have for newspapers though.

PRESSURE PACKED
04-19-2008, 04:01 AM
[quote name=`mcc`]I`m just talking about running up to the door and leaving a flyer between the handle and the jamb or door.

SORRY I READ THIS AS "YOU WERE RUNNING UP TO THE CAR AND PUTTING BETWEEN THE JAMS OF THE CARS"..I WAS JUST GIVING ADVISE FOR THAT SITUATION..I ONLY TAPE FLYERS TO WINDOWS OF OFFICES ETC..OR DIRECT MAIL TO BIZNESSES...I WOULD NOT WANT TO PULL UP SOMEWHERE AND ONLY DO 1 TO 2 CARS

PRESSURE PACKED
04-19-2008, 04:06 AM
.................................................. ....

PRESSURE PACKED
04-19-2008, 04:07 AM
[quote name=`mcc`]I`m just talking about running up to the door and leaving a flyer between the handle and the jamb or door.

SORRY I READ THIS AS "YOU WERE RUNNING UP TO THE CAR AND PUTTING BETWEEN THE JAMS OF THE CARS"..I WAS JUST GIVING ADVISE FOR THAT SITUATION..I ONLY TAPE FLYERS TO WINDOWS OF OFFICES ETC..OR DIRECT MAIL TO BIZNESSES...I WOULD NOT WANT TO PULL UP SOMEWHERE AND ONLY DO 1 TO 2 CARS

BUT TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION OF HOW LONG.. I USED TO BE A METER READER WALKING HOUSE TO HOUSE..AND I WOULD ESTIMATE THAT 1000 FLYERS FOR ONE GUY WOULD TAKE 7 TO 8 HRS AND MOST LIKELY 2 HOODS...MOST DEVELOPEMENTS DO NOT HAVE 1000 HOUSES..THINK ABOUT IT EVEN IF IT TOOK YOU (ON AVERAGE) 20 SECONDS BETWWEN THE HOUSES...THATS 3 A MIN 180 PER HOUR..

trusteddetail
04-19-2008, 06:41 AM
I know a lot of you guys have probably distributed flyers in the past. If I was going door to door on foot, how long would it take to distribute let`s say.....1000 flyers? I realize there are a lot of variables, such as distances between house, but let`s just say it is your average suburban neighborhood. How long should it take to deliver 1000?

Any advice is appreciated. I know that they have mixed results, but I`m working on some various ideas and just wondered how long actual delivery might take.

Thanks!:)

Pizza delivery stores use a company that does door hangers nationwide. They hire college students to hit entire neighborhoods and the cost is much cheaper then direct mail.

PTRon
04-19-2008, 07:44 AM
I think it is illegal as well, though people do it on rare occasions here. I have no intentions of doing such. I have never heard anything that would discourage me from using the box under the mailbox that some people have for newspapers though. If you`re talking about the rungs that are attached to the bottom of the mailbox - that`s no good either. they`re for magazines and other oversized mail that doesn`t fit in the box (retired letter carrier). Newspaper delivery gets away with it because the paper is usually delivered long before the mail and the paper is taken in already.

Cleaning Fool
04-19-2008, 07:49 AM
Forget putting flyers on cars at the mall..Waste of time..Think to yourself, who do I want to work for? Who has money to pay me? You certainly wouldn`t go to a trailer park and hand out flyers, the phone will not ring. Go find the wealthiest neighborhoods and start there $300,000 homes and up. If I have a decent flyer, expect on avg 3-4 jobs per every 1,000 flyers. And thats IF THE FLYER IS GOOD.

mcc
04-19-2008, 09:23 AM
If you`re talking about the rungs that are attached to the bottom of the mailbox - that`s no good either. they`re for magazines and other oversized mail that doesn`t fit in the box (retired letter carrier). Newspaper delivery gets away with it because the paper is usually delivered long before the mail and the paper is taken in already.

Maybe most of you guys don`t have this in your area, but in my area a lot of people have mailboxes by the street. The mail carrier drives the route and never walks, just opens the door on the front of the mailbox at the street and inserts the mail. Go to Lowes or Home Depot and you will notice that a lot of mailboxes have the mail door at the top, and underneath is a cubby hole for the newspaper to be placed. If people don`t have that hole, many times our local paper will give them a separate box right next to their mailbox, again at the street, and it will be where the newspaper is left, rather than having a walking route. A lot of new subdivisions have very nice large brick structures out front with 2 holes, one for mail, and one for the paper. So, I`m just talking about using the newspaper hole to put flyers in to speed the process.

Let`s say I only got a handful of positive responses. Remember, I`m doing this not only for my detailing service, but our cleaning business as well. If it took me an 8 hour day to deliver 1000, and I got 2 people wanting regular house cleaning and 2 people wanting a detail, or even a car wash for that matter, I`ve done well. Since I`ll be in nice neighborhoods with high end homes, that one day will bring me in at least a couple hundred dollars in regular cleaning work, that will be repeated weekly or biweekly, and a couple hundred dollars in some sort of detailing/car wash work. So, my 8 hour day could bring me $400 or more initially, and the cleaning jobs are recurring work every week or two, so you can figure on another few hundred dollars a month as long as they remain customers, which most of ours end up being for years and years.

So, I only need minimal response. It seems from what I have read here and elsewhere that I may be able to hit 1000 homes in an 8 hour day or so. That is fine with me.

Scottwax
04-19-2008, 10:07 AM
I could put out 300 or so in an afternoon, targeting nice neighborhoods. I used to put them out at DFW airport too but due to what happened on 9/11, I wouldn`t suggest doing that now.