PDA

View Full Version : 1997 911/993 Porsche Gemballa paint help...

P_O_R_S_C_H_E
04-18-2008, 11:07 AM
Hello detailing enthusiast!

I own a 1997 911/993 Porsche Gemballa it has had a second Black paint job that is fair to mid-land and does polish out pretty good. I can`t really color-sand the paint because I know it is thin in some spots. The car sits outside covered while I`m at work, I don`t own a garage. I only take the car out on the weekends.

Now, I have this thing, I guess it`s called: "maring" where the wind blows the car cover when it is windy outside, leaving mark on the Porsche, any suggestions on how I could get rid of this by hand and not a machine???? I need to know a good step-by-step process that works and what paint cleaner/polish I should use. I have got my feet wet on this site and read alot but need more answers about polishes and such.

The vehicle doesn`t really have any oxidation through the paint only very light swirl marks. So, what I am am interested in doing is bring the car up to where it can look it`s best. I just bought the Porter/Cable polisher but am kind of apprehensive about using it as of yet without practice (don`t want to burn paint.) and would prefer doing it by hand right now if I can. Advise welcomed!

imported_detailjohn
04-18-2008, 12:17 PM
I recommend you have it polished lightly with Ultrafina, then have Matrix Micro Coatings installed, it will keep the "maring" from recurring.

baseballlover1
04-18-2008, 10:45 PM
I recommend you have it polished lightly with Ultrafina, then have Matrix Micro Coatings installed, it will keep the "maring" from recurring.

I have never heard of micro coating. 106 is another one. Also OP. Almost any light polish will work... this will only work with machine though. Maybe ZAIO by hand?

reaper34
04-23-2008, 10:36 PM

don`t mean to be rude but you pimp matrix like you owe it money. just out of curiosity how much does that run?

deathlok
04-24-2008, 05:09 AM
having a PC and not using it it is a shame :P:P

(you will not burn your paint with a pc)

Buy a decent polish pad for your pc and a light polish (meguiars M80 for example) and start polishing

warlockid
04-24-2008, 10:06 AM
having a PC and not using it it is a shame :P:P

(you will not burn your paint with a pc)

Buy a decent polish pad for your pc and a light polish (meguiars M80 for example) and start polishing

+1 On not using the PC you purchased for hopefully this very reason. You`re not going to hurt your paint by at least TRYING to work on it. Bummer that you dont have a place to store it. Sounds like a great car!

imported_detailjohn
05-01-2008, 07:44 PM
don`t mean to be rude but you pimp matrix like you owe it money. just out of curiosity how much does that run?

ha ha, I very very much believe in this product. It is the future of paint protection. Do a little research on it yourself, try the product and I guarantee you`ll be a believer too.

John