PDA

View Full Version : Klasse AIO with white pad?

Megaman096
04-17-2008, 09:59 PM
I want to apply Klasse AIO to a car I am detailing this weekend (my sisters 2007 silver toyota camry). Would it be okay to apply using a white pad? What speed should I set my UDM at and also how fast should I move the pad? I used a gray pad last week with NXT on a car and didn`t clean the pad(forgot!). Will it be okay to use again? NXT is safe over klasse aio, right?

One more question. I have 1 coat of klasse AIO and 1 coat of Klasse SG on my red car applied 3 weeks ago. I am not sure if I like the look of SG on my red car. I want to try NXT 2.0 on my car and see how it looks instead.(i applied those after I polished with my UDM for the first time). Would it be fine to apply over the SG?

ALSO how to i apply paste wax to a pad? Is it possible?

imported_mystic04
04-18-2008, 06:12 AM
AIO will work fine on a white pad start out at speed 2 or 3 to spread then more to 5 or 6 till it breaks down then wipe off . whats left over.If you use AIO is like a cleaner so it removes whats already on the paint. It will remove the sg thats already on the car.you can then go to the nxt2.0 over the AIO. move the udm slow so the AIO has time to work, Others will chime in and refine what i have said cause i am no expert by any means.I usually apply the wax by hand i thinks it`s faster than by machien and buff off by hand.

bwlucas
04-18-2008, 07:37 AM
Hmmm, I don`t normally work in my KAIO because there aren`t any abrasive in it to break down... I put a nice thin coat over my entire car on speed 4 to fill in light swirls.

Megaman096
04-18-2008, 08:52 AM
will it be okay to use that pad that has had NXTsitting on it for a week? I will use NXT on it again.

Eliot Ness
04-18-2008, 09:00 AM
...........ALSO how to i apply paste wax to a pad? Is it possible?There are a few different methods. The one I usually use is a 1" plastic putty knife that I use to apply a *thin/small* amount to the pad.

wannafbody
04-18-2008, 09:05 AM
Hmmm, I don`t normally work in my KAIO because there aren`t any abrasive in it to break down... I put a nice thin coat over my entire car on speed 4 to fill in light swirls.

All AIO`s have some type of mild abrasive system.

imported_DennisH
04-18-2008, 02:39 PM
All AIO`s have some type of mild abrasive system.

This is from the description of KAIO

"Acrylic is the Solution. Unlike most car waxes or sealants, Klasse All In One is acrylic-based. Acrylic is different than wax, silicones, and polymers. The Klasse All in one polish will bond to your car’s surface just like the previously mentioned treatments, but it will not cause any change to your paint, and you don’t have to worry about drying time. Klasse All In One dries as fast as you apply it, and there is no risk of hazing or streaking. Klasse All-In-One contains no abrasives or silicones, and does not stain plastic, vinyl or rubber trim. It can be used on any non-porous surface, and in addition to car care it is also approved for marine and aviation use."

wannafbody
04-18-2008, 05:23 PM
This is from the description of KAIO

"Acrylic is the Solution. Unlike most car waxes or sealants, Klasse All In One is acrylic-based. Acrylic is different than wax, silicones, and polymers. The Klasse All in one polish will bond to your car’s surface just like the previously mentioned treatments, but it will not cause any change to your paint, and you don’t have to worry about drying time. Klasse All In One dries as fast as you apply it, and there is no risk of hazing or streaking. Klasse All-In-One contains no abrasives or silicones, and does not stain plastic, vinyl or rubber trim. It can be used on any non-porous surface, and in addition to car care it is also approved for marine and aviation use."

First time I`ve heard of that. I guess that means it has NO corrective ability.