PDA

View Full Version : Is it okay to ask a detailer to use your wax!

frito
04-17-2008, 09:14 PM
I just do not have time to work on my wife`s car. I worked on mine this year and have it looking nice (to me) but I don`t have enough time to do the same to my hers.

I am going to take it to a detailer next week but I really would like to ask him to use Collinite. If I supply it would that be ok?

imported_Larry A
04-17-2008, 09:20 PM
I cant see why not. Were I worked Ive seen people bring in Zymol for their cars and our detailer would use it.

imported_Denzil
04-17-2008, 09:22 PM
I don`t see why not. You are paying them for a service after all.

SuperBee364
04-17-2008, 09:32 PM
Yup, I wouldn`t mind at all... well, at least as long as it wasn`t a can of Pledge. :)

frito
04-17-2008, 09:45 PM
I just don`t want to come accross as a know it all SOB. I care more about not having to spend time on her car so durability is more important...

Young Scholar
04-17-2008, 09:47 PM
I would actually be pretty thankful. Thats an expense you are covering for him!

Harbison215
04-17-2008, 10:46 PM
yea and if the car comes out like crap, you can blame their crappy product :laugh:

just kidding. i wouldn`t mind if someone asked. i would look at it as a free chance to try a new product. if i knew that my wax was probably (or surely) better, i would make sure i let them know. if they insist, then fine.

imported_JoshVette
04-17-2008, 10:52 PM
Yup, I`ve had a few do that with me and I have no problems with it. I always read the back of the labels if I`m not familiar and apply it according to the directions.

imported_themightytimmah
04-18-2008, 12:17 AM
I see that fairly often with the enthusiast crowd. I`m more than happy to apply their product, as it cuts my costs and they will definitely like the way the LSP looks.

Sprzout
04-18-2008, 01:22 AM
Well, I wouldn`t have a problem with using a wax on someone`s car that they brought to me, unless they said, "Here, can you put this wax on the car?" and it`s a rubbing compound.

Before you start laughing, I had a friend of mine suggest just that. He had just bought his first car, and wanted to have me help him detail it out for the first time. He brought a can of old Turtle Wax rubbing compound over to my house, saying, "Well, my dad used this stuff on his old Chevy fleetside pickup, and it came out great!" (His dad`s old Chevy pickup was severely oxidized and had a single stage paint job when he did the rubbing compound job on it). I convinced him to toss it by giving him a can of Meg`s #26 paste wax that I was no longer using. (I prefer liquids now, since I have a DA polisher; it`s just easier to apply and I don`t get my hands all waxy with the paste wax)

Anyway, coming back on topic - yes, it`s not a problem to use someone else`s wax, if that`s what they bring to you. :)

frito
04-18-2008, 07:03 AM
Thanks, it looks like everyone feels the same way.

Pats300zx
04-18-2008, 07:28 AM
I have no problems with it. It`s the client`s car and they are paying for the service. I will use whatever they like :)

Eisen Hulk
04-18-2008, 10:00 AM
I`ve just started a detailing business on the side (Very small operation) and I`m doing my friends 05 Vette. He asked if I would use his sealant (Wolfgang) and his carnuba (Souveran) on his car. I said, you`re paying...I`ll use whatever you want (Unless it was something completely crappy). Didn`t bother me at all.