PDA

View Full Version : Nephew used pads as frezbie

CafeRacer
04-17-2008, 04:25 PM
I had left my LC pads outside to dry and my nephew was tossing them around as a frezbie, I vaccumed the hell out of them but I have not washed yet, do you think I will be safe used washed?

mhuie
04-17-2008, 04:32 PM
I would toss them.

BTW, its frisbee.

CafeRacer
04-17-2008, 04:44 PM
I would toss them.

BTW, its frisbee.

Toss them as a frisbee again??? LOL I am probably going to do that, and maybe get a Metabo, my PC just isn`t cutting it no more.

Thanks,

imported_JoshVette
04-17-2008, 04:46 PM
Boy, that`s a toughy, I`ve dropped one or two on the garage floor but picked it up right away and did not reuse it at the time till after it was scrubbed and cleaned, but it depends on how dirty they are?

You have to ask yourself, would you really use it on your own vehicle again?

JonP
04-17-2008, 05:12 PM
If you soak and clean them thoroughly, then they should be fine. But if your not cheap, then toss them out and get new ones. I have dropped a new pad a couple times and cleaned them out real good and were re-usable for the next job. Might even try inspecting them under a magnify light to see any small particles that did not clean out.

imported_Denzil
04-17-2008, 07:14 PM
Eh, these things aren`t exactly like clay so the same rule doesn`t really apply to pads (subjective). It really depends on how bad they really are but as long as you ensure they`re clean enough for your paint`s surface, you`ll be fine.

mhadden
04-17-2008, 07:52 PM
Beat your nephew for messing with your stuff. Then beat yourself for leaving them out! :grinno:

I would think washing them thoroughly would be fine, but of course, test on some not-so-noticeable paint when using them for the first time afterwards. I think you`ll have no problems, though.

SuperBee364
04-17-2008, 08:31 PM
Using a pad brush at a good fast RPM might help, too.