PDA

View Full Version : One Drop of Klasse SG?

tricycle
04-17-2008, 09:52 AM
I read some threads regarding 1 drop of SG can seal up the whole car, how is it possible? I tried it last weekend, but the thing is the applicator (regular size pad)already absorbed most of the sealant.

BTW, do you guy mist the applicator before putting the sealant?

Please advise!

Accumulator
04-17-2008, 11:20 AM
tricycle- Well, I guess that depends on how big the drop is ;)

Realistically, it takes maybe half an ounce to do a good-sized vehicle. I use less than that to to my minivan but I`m a bit of a fanatic about the thin application thing.

I hold the applicator over the opening in the bottle and shake it, this deposits a small drop on the applicator. Then I *move* the applicator and do it again, depositing another tiny drop on a different area of the applicator. I repeat this until there`s a little KSG moistening the pad (not *wetting* it) and then I fold the pad over and rub it together to distribute the KSG a little better. I use that amount, rubbing it on until the pad starts to "grab" as opposed to gliding over the panel. At that point I add more KSG to the pad using the same method- here, yeah, maybe one drop added to the pad for a small panel. No, I don`t otherwise prime the pad in any way, but IIRC others do.

One drop per vehicle, heh heh, nah...but it sure doesn`t take an ounce to do even a big vehicle. I layer my KSG with *many* applications, I apply a *LOT* of it to wheels, and yeah... I`ve also knocked the bottle over and spilled a bunch of it too :o But my 8-year-old bottle of KSG is still at least half full. If you use more than an ounce to do *anything* (even a Suburban) you`re simply making the buff-off harder than it needs to be.

tricycle
04-17-2008, 11:48 AM
This is what I thought! I used a nickel size of KSG to each panel of my car. I make sure that te SG is as "thin" (invisible) as possible. I am using the Wipe on Wipe off method after the SG is applied, then wipe off with a clean micro fibre towel.

I mist the applicator and squeeze out all the water inside before I put a drop of KSG on it.

How about the AIO? It seems there is no need to mist the applicator, right? I use the PC to apply.

imported_mystic04
04-17-2008, 11:50 AM
My bottel will last me a life time . Very nice tip i have to say i do the same as far as folding the pad over but i am sure i am still using more than you are, that thin layer is one of the hardest thing to get down when using sg, but it works so good and last a rather long time.