PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang Fuzion?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

warlockid
04-17-2008, 09:51 AM
I just got the AG email about their Wolfgang Fuzion estate wax. In a search I found one person`s short review of a sample he received from Detailfest, but I can hardly see it being worth $175, even WITH the free detail bag they`re giving away. Anyone else use it yet and find the price justifiable?

reaper34
04-17-2008, 10:31 AM
imo looks incredible. totoland posted a thread with a couple bmw`s he did with it. search fuzion and look for toto`s thread. hope this helps.

imported_Blake
04-17-2008, 10:47 AM
Probably a very good product, BUT how much better is it than P21s 100% or some of the other $50.00 waxes.

If you want bragging rights then it`s worth it I guess.

Rob Tomlin
04-17-2008, 02:49 PM
I just received the same email from AG, saying they are mostly moved into the new warehouse and promoting Fuzion.

Probably a very good product, BUT how much better is it than P21s 100% or some of the other $50.00 waxes.

If you want bragging rights then it`s worth it I guess.

I was thinking the same thing. However, the difference would be that Fuzion also has polymers in it, and it is claimed to not attract dust like carnauba`s typically do. That is a big advantage to me, and it would potentially save a step (sealant then carnauba topper).

Does that mean that I think it is worth $175.00? Not necessarily! ;)

bimmerzhp
04-17-2008, 03:22 PM
For $175 I will pass. AG was offering a free refill, is that over? All of the WG line increased.

Rob Tomlin
04-17-2008, 03:30 PM
For $175 I will pass. AG was offering a free refill, is that over? All of the WG line increased.

I think the free refill is still a current offer.

bimmerzhp
04-17-2008, 03:41 PM
I think the free refill is still a current offer.

I just checked, it is still available. Free refill, free bag, free shipping=not many selling.

P1et
04-17-2008, 04:38 PM
I find it expensive, even with the free refill. They must be desperate to move them. Whoever designed the logo on the pot should not have made it so cheap looking. And what is with the tacky wooden box?

Legacy
04-17-2008, 04:43 PM
imo looks incredible. totoland posted a thread with a couple bmw`s he did with it. search fuzion and look for toto`s thread. hope this helps.

Toto can make Turtle wax look good.

warlockid
04-17-2008, 04:45 PM
Toto can make Turtle wax look good.

How much Turtle wax can you get for $175? :LOLOL

Zet
04-17-2008, 05:25 PM
I was thinking the same thing. However, the difference would be that Fuzion also has polymers in it, and it is claimed to not attract dust like carnauba`s typically do. That is a big advantage to me, and it would potentially save a step (sealant then carnauba topper).

Does that mean that I think it is worth $175.00? Not necessarily! ;)

Well there are lots of waxes that contain both carnauba and polymers e.g.: DP max wax, the Collinites (afaik), Meg`s #26 and GC... So this isn`t really anything special, and since IMO 90% of the look come from the prep work, I don`t think this wax is something for me. But then again I did buy Souveran, just to see what all the talk was about ;)

budman3
04-17-2008, 06:07 PM
It`s never a good idea to judge a book by its cover. It is a new wax but I think it`ll gain a lot of interest if it lasts a long time, for a paste wax. From the pictures it looks nice and the icing on the cake will be if it lasts more than a few weeks. A blend of carnauba and polymers/synthetics isn`t new (Collinite) but a show wax that lasts long is innovative.

And to break it down to its Autogeek rival:

Fuzion $175 / 16 oz (w/ refill) = $10.94 / oz (not w/ box, bag, or shipping)

Souveran $85 / 8 oz = $10.63 / oz

Rob Tomlin
04-17-2008, 06:12 PM
Well there are lots of waxes that contain both carnauba and polymers e.g.: DP max wax, the Collinites (afaik), Meg`s #26 and GC... So this isn`t really anything special, and since IMO 90% of the look come from the prep work, I don`t think this wax is something for me. But then again I did buy Souveran, just to see what all the talk was about ;)

Good points.

eyesack
04-21-2008, 11:00 PM
yo guys... collonite FTMFW!!! lol my dad thought that my wax was some kind of laxative (Colon-Rite) until I showed him the results on our cars... I`ve had Collonite Concour`s D`Elegance on my car for over a month, still shines like hell and beads water great. I agree, however, that you can make any wax look great if only for the prep.

wfedwar
04-21-2008, 11:06 PM
Just wait 12 months and see how people like it.