PDA

View Full Version : Honeymoon Help

Pages : [1] 2

ZaneO
04-16-2008, 12:54 PM
We`re getting married in July and looking for nice places to go for our honeymoon. We`d like to go somewhere in the Carribean, Bahamas, Virgin Islands, etc. And we`re also looking towards an all-inclusive resort for simplicity.

Does anyone have any experience/suggestions/warnings, etc.?

Anomaly
04-16-2008, 01:19 PM
Only two suggestions come to mind:

The first is where I spent my honeymoon at last September:

Royal Hideaway Playacar by Occidental Hotels (http://www.occidentalhotels.com/royalhideaway/)

The second is Sandals (http://www.sandals.com/)

A few of the resorts are close together so that you can visit another one and spend time there during your stay. The prices are a bit more than the Cancun/Mexico locations but the bulk of that was airfare.

imported_smprince1
04-16-2008, 02:29 PM
We did the Sandals resort on St. Lucia for our honeymoon. It`s a little pricey, but the resort and grounds were quite nice. They also had some sit-down restaurants so it wasn`t buffet every meal unless that`s what you wanted.

There`s a lot to do, but they also don`t pressure you to do anything if you just want to relax.

If it hasn`t changed, it`s couples only (no screaming/splashing kids at the pool) and all inclusive including alcoholic drinks and almost all on-site activities (diving, sailing, etc.).

To each his own, but we had a great time with no regrets.

P.S. Almost forgot ... congrats on the wedding. :woot:

BobD
04-16-2008, 02:41 PM
I`d hit up the Cayman Islands. I loved it there when we went last year for our cruise.

stilez
04-16-2008, 06:59 PM
Congrats, Zane.

We are getting married on September 28th. Honeymoon is San Francisco, Napa, Sonoma, and Yosemite...sorry couldn`t be of more help :). Best of luck.

VroooomCrash
04-18-2008, 09:00 PM
I`d hit up the Cayman Islands. I loved it there when we went last year for our cruise.

Grand Cayman is fun when the cruise ships are in, otherwise not so much. Hop off the island to Cayman Brac if you actually want to stay there :)

ZaneO
04-23-2008, 08:31 PM
Thanks so far!

twitch
04-23-2008, 08:32 PM
ZaneO I am sorry for the late notice but I just found out myself... Sandals resorts are offering 50% BUT you have to book by the end of tomorrow - 4/24.

My fiancee and I are getting married November 29th and will most likely have a Sandals resort booked with this deal :xyxthumbs

DETAILKING
04-23-2008, 09:19 PM
We are getting married May 2009. Once the planning is done we will look into honeymoons. The Royal Playa del Carmen is really nice if you want to do Mexico. A Royal Caribbean Cruise would be nice too, and even a sandals resort. All depends on what you like and want to do. We are going to look into Hawaii, but I fear the prices are going to be nuts!

ZaneO
06-05-2008, 07:40 PM
Well, we finally made our plans today (nothing like some procrastination, lol). We are staying at a Sandals resort in Jamaica. Ended up in a villa suite with a semi-private pool, concierge service, one free night, etc. We`re pretty excited now.

It turned out to be a pretty good deal - $2880 for 7 nights, all-inclusive.

twitch
06-05-2008, 08:49 PM
Well, we finally made our plans today (nothing like some procrastination, lol). We are staying at a Sandals resort in Jamaica. Ended up in a villa suite with a semi-private pool, concierge service, one free night, etc. We`re pretty excited now.

It turned out to be a pretty good deal - $2880 for 7 nights, all-inclusive.

Awesome! Congratulations.

Which resort did you chose? We decided on the Sandals Royal Caribbean resort in Montego Bay Jamaica.

How did you end up with the concierge service? Any tricks?? :)

Let us know how it turns out :xyxthumbs

jswift2000
06-06-2008, 04:41 AM
Congrats on the wedding Zane. One of my friends went to Sandals for their HM and loved it. In fact, they`ve been back a few time and still rave about it.

G35stilez - congrats on the upcoming wedding. When you hit napa, check out the Mondavi and Copolla wineries. Mondavi does a great little tour of the winery and offers like 10 glasses of wine with fruit, cheese, etc at the end. We hit up San Fran/Napa for two days on the way home from HI on our honeymoon and it was a great time.

DETAILKING
06-06-2008, 07:05 AM
Which Sandals did you end up booking at? We are having a hard time deciding where to go....we want to go somewhere that we will probably not ever get to for a while, but 2 weeks in Hawaii is coming in at around 10K yikes! I started looking into Cabo....anyone been there?

ZaneO
06-08-2008, 05:25 PM
We are booked at the Sandals Ocho Rios and staying in one of the plantation villas. The concierge service was just part of the deal - might be a current special or something. We go July 13-20, so I`ll report back when we get home and let you know how it is there.

jswift2000
06-08-2008, 06:19 PM
ZaneO - thats the sandals my friend stayed at and he said it was fantastic!!! You`re going to have a great time.