PDA

View Full Version : How do you know?

imported_sal329
04-16-2008, 12:49 PM
Im still confused on how to tell what products a car would need. In my case a 99 Accord, grey in color, no metallic or anything. I washed it, clayed and used Meg NXT 2.0 and I liked tghe look. It had a nice shine almost a wet look. Id like a lil deeper shine to it.

My other car is a 94 Lincoln Mark VIII Pearl White. I want to get this car where you could really see the pearl. Would clay, DWG and 845 get me the look I am after?

Besides these cars in general what makes you use certain products on a black car vs a metallic black or a white, red. etc....

Setec Astronomy
04-16-2008, 01:00 PM
If you`ve got `94 and `99 cars that have never been polished...they could probably use a polishing! I`m not really sure what you`re asking. Clay will certainly help, but on any car that old, unless it`s been garaged and kept to Autopian standards, I don`t think you`re going to get that deeper shine without polishing.

Accumulator
04-16-2008, 01:12 PM
Yeah, I agree. I`d give each a good polishing and then evaluate. Maybe a subsequent/penultimate step would add something, or maybe you could go straight the the LSP, but I can probably count on one hand (OK, maybe both hands if we include all the new cars I`ve seen over the years) the number of unpolished cars I`ve seen that couldn`t have benefited from *some* degree of abrasive polishing. A `99 and a `94, I`d about bet my life they could both use it. My `01 S8 is about as close to perfect as drivers get, and I bet that *it* could benefit from some burnishing with a good finishing polish!

I don`t decide on my LSP based on the color so much as on the overall paint/vehicle. Generally, I`d say that if you want "deeper/richer" you go one route whereas for "shiny/reflective" you go another.