PDA

View Full Version : Zymol Titanium or Swissol Onyx

Yukonon22
04-15-2008, 10:38 PM
I currently use Zaino AIO on my yukon. Im looking to switch to either the Zymol Titanium or the swissol Onyx. has anybody experienced using either of these products/ what were your thoughts? Pics?

Todd@RUPES
04-15-2008, 11:18 PM
I have used both and for the price (and much less) there are far better choices...

Zymol Titanium looks good, not super wet or deep, just good.

Onyx is a little deeper.

My personal favorite wax is P21s 100% which is around 50. Pinnacle Souveran is 80ish (and much better looking then your choices, IMO). Victoria`s is in that range, as well as a host of DoDo Juice Wax...

If you are really wanting to go with the low end of a high-end brand, then I would choose Onxy. But there are quite a few choices that are less and look much better (to my eyes).

imported_DieselMDX
04-15-2008, 11:20 PM
plus one on vic concours wow does it go on smooth and sheet like crazy

SuperBee364
04-15-2008, 11:23 PM
If I were gonna go out and spend more money on wax (which I`d love to do, but it would mean having to pay alimony, as well), I wouldn`t hesitate to go grab some p21s 100%. You should really read the thread that TH0001 (Todd :) ) did on it recently. It *will* make you a believer in this wax. I really want to try this stuff now. And it really sounds like a bargain at fifty bucks compared to the others being considered.

Edit: found the thread. Give this a read, it`s well worth the time.

http://autopia.org/forum/detailing-product-discussion/105233-p21s-100-carnauba-review.html

imported_Picus
04-16-2008, 09:25 AM
I got my P21S 100% today, going to try it on an Aston right now. I`ll let you know!

SuperBee364
04-16-2008, 12:24 PM
I got my P21S 100% today, going to try it on an Aston right now. I`ll let you know!

Looking forward to this one...

mhadden
04-16-2008, 02:05 PM
I am halfway through my jar of Titanium and I love it. On the contrary to what TH said, I think it has some great depth, especially on those dark metallics. The only thing I don`t like is its durability. Its effective use, IMO, is only up to 3-4 washes. But I have to say, after the jar is gone, I definately plan on getting p21s...

imported_Picus
04-16-2008, 07:51 PM
Looking forward to this one...

Hm, maybe you should take that back. I wasn`t as blown away as I thought I would be. I *do* think I know why people like this wax as much or more than some other much more expensive waxes, though - it looks a lot like a sealant. Before anyone freaks out on me, sure it still has a lot of the typical characteristics of a wax, but in general I find it looks a lot like some of the better sealants. Tons of depth, lots of reflectivity and wetness, but less "glow" and "shimmer" than some other waxes I use. I guess what I am saying is it looked a little sterile for a wax. I know using terms like this mean different things to different people, but I do what I can.

For the price it does look very good, and it`s super easy to use (though not quite as liquidy smooth as the original). We`ll see how it holds up. I dumped some water on the car when I was done to see how hydrophobic it was (how a wax "cleans" is as high on my list of important characteristics as how it looks), and it was average, decent beads, didn`t really sheet the water off. I`ll keep using it to see if my initial impressions change.

Edit: the two cars I used it on today were black and metallic grey, if that makes any difference.

SuperBee364
04-16-2008, 09:13 PM
Cool, Picus, it`s always good to hear what someone else sees in a product. BTW, how are your photography skills holding up nowadays? ;)

imported_Picus
04-16-2008, 10:01 PM
I rarely take the camera anymore. I`m just too busy. I`m going to try to get back in the habit.

salty
04-17-2008, 12:38 AM
Good to see you around Picus.

imported_DieselMDX
04-17-2008, 03:33 AM
agreed always enjoy your C and Bs picus

Yukonon22
04-17-2008, 09:46 PM
thanks for the help