PDA

View Full Version : Wrong pad selection?

[cerberus]
04-15-2008, 05:36 PM
I just got done doing my 350z Hood. (black)

So I started with the XMT Fine swirl remover w/orange Edge pad since even though i had a lot of swirls, they seemed light. I also didn`t want to go above my head. What started off as long strait swirls have now turned into short curved one (da action).

So I just finished 2 passes with the edge white pad with the XMT Ultra Fine swirl remover and they are still there. Should I just keep going with the white pad till they are gone? How much pressure should I use, I have just been using the weight of the machine?

Should I have started with one of the blue pads that came with the edge setup instead of the orange one? I had tried my UDM on two other vehicles, both GM one blue and one black. And the results were more in line with what I was expecting my car to turn out.

I mean from further back it looks a lot better then it did when I started, but up real close it looks worse.

imported_themightytimmah
04-15-2008, 05:38 PM
When people reccomend white they usually mean LC white, Edge white is like a waxing pad. Try again with Green or Blue and the Ultra Fine.

[cerberus]
04-15-2008, 08:38 PM
Alright thanks. That worked 10x better.

I`ll tell you what. It is definitely not as easy as some have made it look. I have only done the hood bumper and front fenders.

What do you usually run for speeds?I noticed on my UDM that 5 to 5.5 seem about the same, but 6 is a whole lot faster. It is like it should really be speed 7 or something.

fergnation
04-16-2008, 12:43 AM
Mine does that too. It seems like all of a sudden the thing is screaming. Then when you go back down it seems like it is barely moving. But that is normal with the UDM`s, must be the extra power they advertise over the PC

[cerberus]
04-16-2008, 03:58 PM
So what setting do you use, the screaming setting for polishing?