PDA

View Full Version : List your bottom ten detailing products

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Todd@RUPES
04-14-2008, 06:08 PM
1) Cobra microfibers - I cannot even use the mango ones anymore because they shed everywhere

2) Lake Country Green CCS pad- The 7.5 inch one sold thru autogeek. It is NOT the german foam, but more like the yellow foam. Only it cuts less and leaves a worse finish behind.

3) Meguiars PC Backing Plate- Both of the ones I used seperated with in two months.

4) Stongers Tarminator- Great at removing bugs, tar, grime, and paint!

5) Meguiars NXT- Amazing looking sealant that lasted all of 2.9 weeks

6) Menzerna PowerGloss- Considering how many great compounds there are that remove more and finish nicer, this is amongst the worst I have used.

7) Meguiars Microfibers- The yellow ones.. Work great for two washes, then don`t work at all.

8) Meguiars Waffle Weave- Works great for three washes, then stops absorbing :(

9) Zaino Z16 Clay- Works great if you goal is to remove nothing or if you car doesn`t really need clay.

10) Zymol Ital- Hands down the worst wax I have ever used. I honestly believe that Meguiars DC3 looked better and lasted longer. Not to mention it is an absolute pain to apply, harder to remove, and does nothing for the paint.

ptaylor_9849
04-14-2008, 06:27 PM
I`m not impressed with the highly regarded Meguiars glass cleaner, DP glass cleaner or CMA`s foam pads. The backing on every single one of my pads came off very quickly. Some after the first wash.

Patrick

autobahnshine
04-14-2008, 06:31 PM
Funny how you said Stoner`s Tarminator... didn`t you use that on an Orange Lambo??

Also... why not the z16 clay? I thought you liked that product too!?!

What are you using now?

autobahnshine
04-14-2008, 06:39 PM
A couple things that just bug me

1. Griot`s Garage`s Marketing (they could sell dog poop and still make $$$$$)

2. Detailers Domain`s Red MF Towels (bleed their color WAY too easily)

3. CG Fluffer MF Towels... I thought I was going to love these, but they`re too large to remove wax effectively

4. Optimum Opti-Seal (sorry, Scottwax)

Todd@RUPES
04-14-2008, 06:46 PM
Funny how you said Stoner`s Tarminator... didn`t you use that on an Orange Lambo??

Also... why not the z16 clay? I thought you liked that product too!?!

What are you using now?

Yes, I have also used it on a Ferrari F50 as well. Just don`t let it sit to long on the paint... Not sure why its funny though?

Z16 is super mild which is fine for the type of work I do, but if the car has contamination, then it doesn`t work as well as many others....

Rob Tomlin
04-14-2008, 06:59 PM
Meguiar`s NXT ...I have to STRONGLY agree with that one.

I haven`t been too impressed with Werkstatt`s AJT either.

Macruz19
04-14-2008, 07:06 PM
This is a hard one to list... I know NXT is one of them, but I`ll have to comeback and repost :)

derekbmw
04-14-2008, 07:22 PM
products i stopped using...to name a few...

- DP window cleaner

- Detailer`s Domain 16x16 towels

- Cobra Super Plush Jr

- CG air freshener

- DG 105

Macruz19
04-14-2008, 07:50 PM
- Zaino Z-12

-Cobra Plush 16x16 MF towels

-Megs black trim restore

-Megs NXT

Those are a few..

dmw2692004
04-14-2008, 07:55 PM
I have two.

2)Sonus Trim and Motor Kote- Terrible. Dried with streaks, and when you wipe it, it just gets worse.

1) Sonus Green "Fine" Clay- Terrible. x3. Does nothing, unless you like sitting in a 1`x1` section and scrubbing as hard as you can, and inducing more marring than sanding the damn car, just to get that stupid little bug off..

dsms
04-14-2008, 08:38 PM
I have two.

2)Sonus Trim and Motor Kote- Terrible. Dried with streaks, and when you wipe it, it just gets worse.

1) Sonus Green "Fine" Clay- Terrible. x3. Does nothing, unless you like sitting in a 1`x1` section and scrubbing as hard as you can, and inducing more marring than sanding the damn car, just to get that stupid little bug off..

I thought it was just me when I used sonus green but you confirmed my thoughts. I used it the other day on a white Z3 that hadn`t been detailed in 3 years. The car was fairly dirty yet after I washed it and went to clay... nothing, and i mean nothing came off! It seemed strange so I tested the only other clay I had at the time which was Megs Agressive red on a small area of the trunk and I got some contaminents picked up in the bar, with SG though nothing. Now im pissed because I bought 2 packs for a total of 4 bars and just ran out of my pinnacle ultrapoly. Hows the adams clay?

MrNorwall
04-14-2008, 08:47 PM
2.9 with nxt, man i only got two washes until no more beading

armor all

any kind of wipes for interior, not consistant

detaildoc
04-14-2008, 08:48 PM
1. Natural Sea Sponge - Marred the heck out of my paint.

2. Cobra MF`s - they leave more lint on my car than my dryer

3. Stoner Invisible Glass Cleaner - fogs the heck out of my windows in the morning

4. Zaino Z10 - a very strong old leather mitt smell)

5. Meguiars NXT - mutes the flakes on my paint and durability sucks

I`ll update the list when I remember the other ones.

dmw2692004
04-14-2008, 08:57 PM
I thought it was just me when I used sonus green but you confirmed my thoughts. I used it the other day on a white Z3 that hadn`t been detailed in 3 years. The car was fairly dirty yet after I washed it and went to clay... nothing, and i mean nothing came off! It seemed strange so I tested the only other clay I had at the time which was Megs Agressive red on a small area of the trunk and I got some contaminents picked up in the bar, with SG though nothing. Now im pissed because I bought 2 packs for a total of 4 bars and just ran out of my pinnacle ultrapoly. Hows the adams clay?

Dont know about adams, but I ordered 6 bars from claymagic and a few bottles of their lube. Have yet to use them. Ended up costing like 10 bucks more than the 2 bars of sonus and one bottle of the souns lube.

Rob Tomlin
04-14-2008, 09:04 PM
Z-12 Glass Cleaner is just horrible..