PDA

View Full Version : Quick Waxing Question

Domas
04-14-2008, 04:07 PM
Newbie here.

Which way of waxing is better - by hand with wax aplicator or with UDM with soft foam pad?

I earlier waxed by hand, but now I got a UDM, so just wondering, should I use it for waxing? If yes, how long should I work the wax, before buffing with MF?

Thanks in advance ;)

Macruz19
04-14-2008, 04:28 PM
If you`re using a Quick Wax product, it might be better off using it by hand. With the machine you`ll create more cleaning hassles than necessary.

By hand just use the applicator, wait, and buff off. It`s faster that way, but whatever floats your boat homie.

Legacy
04-14-2008, 04:35 PM
Newbie here.

Which way of waxing is better - by hand with wax aplicator or with UDM with soft foam pad?

I earlier waxed by hand, but now I got a UDM, so just wondering, should I use it for waxing? If yes, how long should I work the wax, before buffing with MF?

Thanks in advance ;)

If you are applying by UDM use slow speed and 1 or 2 passes. You don`t have to work a wax in like a polish. Some waxes require you wipe right away and some will want you to let it haze before wiping.

Domas
04-14-2008, 04:37 PM
If you`re using a Quick Wax product, it might be better off using it by hand. With the machine you`ll create more cleaning hassles than necessary.

By hand just use the applicator, wait, and buff off. It`s faster that way, but whatever floats your boat homie.

I will use "Einszett Glanz Wax" - what is better for it, hand or UDM?

Should it be worked till brake down like polish? (sorry, I`m quite inexperienced in waxing)

Legacy
04-14-2008, 04:42 PM
I will use "Einszett Glanz Wax" - what is better for it, hand or UDM?

Should it be worked till brake down like polish? (sorry, I`m quite inexperienced in waxing)

No wax to my knowledge breaks down. Only polishes with abrasives break down.

Domas
04-14-2008, 04:45 PM
If you are applying by UDM use slow speed and 1 or 2 passes. You don`t have to work a wax in like a polish. Some waxes require you wipe right away and some will want you to let it haze before wiping.

Do you know, does 1Z Glanz require hazing?

Sorry for my terrible English, what do you mean 1 or 2 passes? Two passings with the pad over the same area, or after applying one layer, put a second one on it?