PDA

View Full Version : Ordering a PC and many pads and polishes...need some advice

cammy5
04-14-2008, 03:22 PM
It`s been a while since I`ve done an exhaustive detail, but I`m setting about next weekend on my new `05 Chrysler Crossfire SRT6 that is aero blue in color. I`ve added the Ultimate Detailing Machine Model 1000 (which I assume is very much like the PC 7424), the Sonus SFX Foam Pad Kit, Sonus Paintwork Cleaner Pre-Wax Polish, Sonus SFX-3 Final Finish Polish, and Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze. The car is in what everyone other than an autopian would call excellent....but not enough for me. THere are some very minor imperfections/roughness in the paint when I slide my hand over it with the ziplock bag. I`m thinking to use the prewax cleaner after a thorough claying to make the surface as smooth as possible, then using the Final Finish Polish, followed by the Klasse Sealant for a final protective coat. Am I missing any steps in the process? Also, are those the best products to use with the power buffer...and if so, what pads that I`ve ordered should I use with which product? There are no swirls to speak of that I have noticed...mainly because the paint is such a bright/light color. Thanks in advance for helping me out before I spend all this money!!!

imported_Chris223
04-14-2008, 04:27 PM
Well I had the Sonus SFX foam pads, they`re ok, but a REAL PITA to clean. I much prefer the CCS Smart Foam pads from LC on autogeek. The Sonus pads I tried just throwing in the washer after use and the velcro backing started to wrink a bit, I can still use them but I just don`t stick them in the washer anymore. But the CCS pads I`ve thrown in so many times and they`re still perfect. If you need to do paint correction, the sonus cleaner and SFX-3 wont do anything for you. But the SFX-3 isn`t a bad product, I`ve used it before... little hard to remove (though I have the older kind, I guess the newer kind is easier to remove) That`s what I can help you with, haven`t used anything else that you listed.

cammy5
04-14-2008, 08:53 PM
By `correction` do you mean smoothing the surface. There are no swirls or scratches in teh car....I just want the finish perfectly smooth so I can apply a polish and then glaze.