PDA

View Full Version : Just ordered Mez products. looking for advice

Z06_Pilot
04-14-2008, 11:07 AM
Hi folks,

I have two different detail regimes for my vehicles I have been using for quite awhile, as the daily drivers live outside, and the "fun" rides never see rain or any harsh driving conditions of any sort(other than a few redline upshifts, and screaming tires from time to time :chuckle: ). I have been using a PC7424 for several years to apply everything except wax/sealant.

My twice a year full detail has up til now included:

daily drivers: dawn, clay, 3m swirl remover(if needed), Wolfgang`s Pre-Wax enhancer, Wolfgang`s Sealant or Zaino Z2P

FUN rides: dawn, clay, Pinnacle PCL, Souveran paste

Well, I got a Flex....just in time for the spring detail! also, I have been reading autopia intensely and am sold on the Mez products, so I ordered a few, as I am NOT pleased with the results I have been getting with the 3m swirl remover.

looking for advice on how to use. I ordered:

SIP/106ff combo

IP

FMJ

the specs. of IP/SIP seem virtually identical(amount of cut/gloss/grit, etc). I plan to use no more than an orange LC CCS pad when polishing(I still consider myself an amateur and don`t think I`m ready for anything with more cut).

do I start with SIP, then use IP if I see minor scratches/swirls/water spots still on the finish? I assume I always finish with 106ff when using SIP or IP, correct?

I was going to try FMJ as a protectant/sealant on the outdoor vehicles to help deal with the harsh conditions, applied with a white LC CCS pad via the Flex.

I was also wondering if a Souveran topper over FMJ adds anything appearance-wise in your opinion?

finally, what is a good speed on the Flex to apply Mez polishes?

thanks very much for your thoughts.

Jeff