PDA

View Full Version : Help me choose a glaze(s)

Pages : [1] 2

dsms
04-13-2008, 08:02 PM
I have decided to give a carnuba wax a shot. So far all I ever used was either Z5 or Z2 for LSP and have been happy with the results, but a client of mine was asking me today if I could use a nice nuba on his somewhat of a garage queen M5 which I will be detailing soon. I told him I like the zaino sealants and that for a daily driver it offers great protection and durability but I would look into a wax even it it was strictly for use on his cars, although he was very pleased with the results of Z2 on his silver carrera last week. Anyways after reading Todd`s P21s 100% review I was very impressed by its performance and for the price it seems like a great wax so I think thats what im going to buy. But I want a glaze to use pre-wax after polishing. So far I think RMG is a must for dark finishes. Next I am interested in CG EZ creme glaze, how does it look on lighter finishes and whats the difference between that and CG`s wet mirror finish? And lastly I heard good things about Prima Amigo, I think it meant for darker finishes also but im unsure. What are your opinions on 3 of these products? I dont mind using different glazes for different cars to get the right look and I could certainly still use Z2 or Z5 for the extra pop and protection before the wax if I want, especially if the finish is perfect. For the glazes Filling is not super important to me but if there are still some fine swirls left over after final polishing it would be nice to have the glaze conceal them before applying the wax. And as far as using the P21s 100% im guessing two thin coats is the way to go, but how long should each coat cure for? Any help on this topic would be greatly appreciated.

SuperBee364
04-13-2008, 08:10 PM
Alot of people have good things to say about Danase`s glaze, too.

jswift2000
04-13-2008, 08:21 PM
I used DWG for the 1st time a few weeks ago and I was very impresses with the look when used with Z2. However, I havent used any other glazes...

bwalker25
04-13-2008, 08:24 PM
CG EZ Cream Glaze II is good stuff, haven`t used DWG yet....

cls
04-13-2008, 10:18 PM
Does DWG hide swirls?

DM101
04-14-2008, 08:27 AM
RMG or Dan. wet glaze

9935annivgt
04-14-2008, 11:47 AM
Red machine glaze works very well.

dsms
04-14-2008, 03:07 PM
Im ordering RMG for sure, how does it look on light finishes though?

imported_Chris223
04-14-2008, 03:37 PM
anyone ever tried Wolfgangs Finsihing glaze? I was looking to try that... but not sure how it works well with sealants, particularly poorboys EX-P.

dsms
04-14-2008, 05:02 PM
Basically im down to this, I will be ordering RMG specifically for dark finishes and need another glaze for lighter finishes. I think that CG wet mirror finish leaves a finer finish(from waht I have seen in pictures) and a deeper glow but does it fill at all or should I buy EZ creme instead.

Legacy
04-14-2008, 05:51 PM
Does DWG hide swirls?

No fillers

budman3
04-14-2008, 05:56 PM
anyone ever tried Wolfgangs Finsihing glaze? I was looking to try that... but not sure how it works well with sealants, particularly poorboys EX-P.

The WG is more of a final polish than a glaze. Try out Poorboy`s new series of glazes as a base for the EX-P.

SuperBee364
04-14-2008, 05:58 PM
Menzerna Final Touch Glaze hides swirls fairly well. So does Zymol HD-Cleanse, but it can be a real PITA to use.

I really like MFTG. I think it`s one of the most under appreciated glazes around. Easy to use, very nice swirl/defect hiding, and an amazing shine. You kinda need to top it with a good carnauba, though, cause sealants don`t adhere to it very well, and without a good wax on top, it`ll be gone after two washings.

dsms
04-14-2008, 07:01 PM
Im not looking for a heavy filler, just something that could reduce the appearnce of fine swirls after heavy correcting. Sometimes you correct a car that looks perfect in the garage even under halogens but take it outside and see that there still are some fine blemishes left on the paint, so before applying the LSP a light glaze could help finish the surface to perfection. Still need opinions on a glaze similar to RMG but for lighter finishes. And im still wondering if CG`s wet mirror finish has any fillers, because from the pictures I have seen it looks increidble but unsure if it fills at at all compared to the EZ creme.

imported_agentf1
04-14-2008, 07:47 PM
DWG, EX Creme or Black Hole are all nice glazes. I think he will find that he likes Z5p/Z8 better but you never know until you have something to compare to. He will definitely be back more often with the nuba route which is a plus. LOL