PDA

View Full Version : Autogeek vs. the Others

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

detaildoc
04-13-2008, 03:00 AM
Compare these two stories. Autogeek has had an offer of a free gift worth $20 when you place an order over $75. Last week I placed an order and the total was just under $75. However, I forgot to add an item, so I ended up having to place a different order the same day. Together they both totaled over $100. Guess what, I called them up regarding the free gift and they would not give it to me because, yes, you guessed it, they said the $75 had to be in one order. Come on, give me a freaking break, talk about being rigid and lacking in customer service. Now compare this story with the one below.

I decided to give Souveran Paste a try. Was looking around for the best deal and I found it at Pakshak for an incredible $71.96 (original price is $79.95). Even with the shipping cost it is still cheaper than ordering it from AG ($85). I also decided to get Signature Series II and Crystal Mist. I tried entering the "autopia" coupon, but it did not work, so I called Ranney (on a Saturday night) and left him a message. Within 5 minutes he called me back. He said the coupon did not work on chemicals because they are already on sale, which I can understand. However, he still ended up giving me an extra 10% off on top of the on-going sale for placing my order with him. Heck, I decided to add some MF`s as well. After that, he still took the time to chat with me. It is this kind of customer service why I keep ordering more and more from people like Ranney, Bob, Phil, and David (who knows who it is going to be now) and less and less from AG.

NCZ13
04-13-2008, 03:34 AM
interesting... ill take that into account the next time i have to order products...

BlackElantraGT
04-13-2008, 05:06 AM
Man, if the orders were like a week apart I could understand, but if the 2 orders were placed back to back and they won`t even make an exception to their policy!? That`s wrong, IMO. I would have just canceled the 2 orders if that happened to me and either given my business to someone else or placed another order correctly the 2nd time around.

I`ve had issues with AG in the past, but they`ve always resolved any problems I`ve had. My last gripe I had was that there was an issue with my credit card (due to my CC company upgrading my CC type and sending out a new card that I had yet to receive) and AG usually ships out same or next day, but it took them a good 3 days before I was sent an email to contact them. By then, it was a Sat. and I had specifically ordered it on a Tues night so my items would at least ship out before Fri. Since they ship via UPS and I`m in Cali, that would mean my order wouldn`t arrive until 2 Mondays from that day. That`s almost 2 weeks from the time I placed my order to when I would actually receive it.

In the end, I just never bothered to complete the order. They could have easily resolved that problem by letting me know right away that they were having a problem processing my credit card instead of waiting all those days before finally contacting me.

gmblack3
04-13-2008, 06:47 AM
I`d pay a "little" more to shop with someone like Phil at DD, then go back to autogeek. But Phil`s prices are inline or less then the geek anyway, at least for what I need.

[cerberus]
04-13-2008, 07:21 AM
I know this may be rude. But do you have to put everything in an acronym? being sort of new it is hard to find answers when every post i read it is just letters in regards to products. I never know what you are talking about.

onelazydawg
04-13-2008, 07:52 AM
ive had many issues shopping with properautocare but Autogeek and Pakshak have never done me wrong. I find fast shipping and great customer service from each without fail. AG typically offers better pricing and more selection.

GatorJ
04-13-2008, 07:52 AM
I placed my order with AutoGeek for over $75 during that promotion. Since I am a Florida resident, they offered free shipping to make up for the sales tax (generous policy on their part). I had my order the next day. The free gift was a 16 oz bottle of Giovanna Maximum Gloss Spray which I haven`t used yet, so I can`t comment on it. Sorry you had a bad experience with them and I agree they could have handled your error in a better fashion, but I`ve always had excellent customer service from them.

detaildoc
04-13-2008, 10:02 AM
Man, if the orders were like a week apart I could understand, but if the 2 orders were placed back to back and they won`t even make an exception to their policy!? That`s wrong, IMO. I would have just canceled the 2 orders if that happened to me and either given my business to someone else or placed another order correctly the 2nd time around.

I tried to cancel the order so I could just place it again under one, but they told me it was already processed and it was too late to cancel. Not getting the gift was really not a big deal, what blows me away was the rigidity. I do have to say though that Penny at AG is really nice and helpful, but this time I did not get her. The problem I find with them is that the quality of their customer service is too dependent on who you talk to (and maybe on the weather at Florida, who knows)and it should be consistent. When you do business with the other people mentioned above you always get the same excellent customer service.

imported_themightytimmah
04-13-2008, 10:04 AM
They`ve broken my balls before, but after I talked to Jason they fixed everything. Not sure if he still works there.

Big_O
04-13-2008, 10:11 AM
Hey Doc, just refuse the order when it gets delivered LOL. Then you can send it back and let them pay for the shipping, re-place the order, get it shipped again and with the free gift! The kicker is: The free gift is expedited shipping!

jshillin
04-13-2008, 10:11 AM
I USED to order a lot from AG, but I rarely order from them anymore because of similar reasons. Most of my orders now come from Phil at DetailersDomain, Obsessive Detail and Danase.

Junebug
04-13-2008, 10:13 AM
AG carries a lot of stuff, and I`ve never had a problem with them. But, my next item - they don`t carry, Danase does and when I pm`d Bob to ask some questions - he told me to call him when I was ready to buy and he`d work with mw on the price. That`s above and beyond the call and I`ll order a few more things from Bob because of it - to the grief of my bank account!

detaildoc
04-13-2008, 10:17 AM
AG carries a lot of stuff, and I`ve never had a problem with them. But, my next item - they don`t carry, Danase does and when I pm`d Bob to ask some questions - he told me to call him when I was ready to buy and he`d work with mw on the price. That`s above and beyond the call and I`ll order a few more things from Bob because of it - to the grief of my bank account!

Their extensive inventory is really the only reason why I have shopped with them. Fortunately other vendors are increasing theirs (slowly, but surely). Pakshak IMO will soon rival AG in inventory. Another point for Ranney, he always ends up throwing in an extra MF for me (on top of the free one when you purchase over $50) or upgrades my shipping for free (so does Phil).

gocubbies
04-13-2008, 10:22 AM
i have had good luck with AG. next time maybe you should just ask for penny or meghan. or even jason. the only problem i had with them is there was 2 offers overlapping each other and they only wanted to honor 1 of the offers. well after a couple emails with jason the problem was solved. anyone remember when they ran souveran 2 for 1 and also had it priced at $49.99? well there was a 2 day period where both offers where being promoted. well i jumped on it. i was only sent the 1 tub of souveran to begin with for $49.99 but after talking to jason i was sent the second jar and no charge. no one is perfect but when it comes to customer service AG has been the closes to perfection i have found.

derekbmw
04-13-2008, 10:28 AM
great service by Ranney, he`s a really nice person to do business with.