PDA

View Full Version : Makita and thermal shutdown?

Carbon Blue
04-12-2008, 08:17 PM
I was just reading more about rotaries and came up on this topic about thermal shutdown. Apparently metabo rotaries experience thermal shutdown a little bit more often than other rotaries on softer clearcoats/soft paint depending on the pad and speed. I would assume that this would be a safe function to save the metabo from ruining itself. Now my question is does the makita have this thermal shutdown option? I havent really read much or ANY problems whatsoever with the makita 9227c.

SuperBee364
04-12-2008, 10:29 PM
I think all polishers have a thermal safety switch. I think it`s required to get a UL label. As far as actually tripping that switch, it seems that only the Metabo seems to do it with regularity.

beachcities
04-12-2008, 10:46 PM
The first time I screwed up my makita I had put a towel on the back metal part and it covered the vent and it burnt it out. It just sputtered out and then died. I replaced the brushes and it works fine.

Carbon Blue
04-12-2008, 11:48 PM
thanks for the info!

SVR
04-14-2008, 10:02 AM
My makita started going funny when it got hot

I got the brushes replaced and it doesn`t even get hot after 8 hours of non stop application

imported_slicknickis3
04-14-2008, 10:54 AM
I just ran my Makita for about 6 hours straight at about 1600rpm`s without any overheating at all.

I can`t say enough good things about my Makita!