PDA

View Full Version : Duragloss 105 TPP and Mothers Reflections Spray Wax

AtomicBlueCivic
04-11-2008, 10:02 PM
Here is my review of Duragloss` 105 and Reflections Spray Wax:

After reading all the reviews I decided to get the DG 601 and 105 combo b/c I already had their Aquawax.

I have to say 601 and 105 TPP is an awesome combination. My mom gets asked a bunch of questions about her `shine.`

For my process: ONR wash with my Wal-Mart WWs. Dry with same towels. Then applied 601, hazed, then applied 105, waited 24hrs 105 again. Topped it off with Aquawax after the next was 1 week later.

It`s durable and has A LOT of clarity. However, I decided to detail my car with Mother`s Reflections Spray Wax on the 2nd wash after the 105. I have to say, I like it better than Aquawax. Left a better bead and didn`t attract as much dust as the Aquawax. Mother`s RSW (reflections spray wax) also had better fill properties. It hid a lot of my marring that Aquawax didn`t. The sprayer is top-notch: No small driplets after full compression. The liquid is also very thick, not runny like Aquawax. It looks like water with carmelized sugar. Very easy to spread around. Durability is about 1 month I say. But I use it after my wash every two weeks. The best part about it is that, unlike Aquawax, it CAN be used as a detailer. At $7.95 from Kragen(Checkers) for the 24oz, it`s a deal. Imagine Meguiar`s UQD with better wax look and protection at a lower price for more product. That`s the best way to describe it.

Anyone compare Reflections Spray Wax to OCW? That would be a good test. If OCW is better, will it bet 2x better?

Bunky
04-12-2008, 06:53 AM
It does seem like a good buy compared to other spray detailers.

Mothers RSW lasts more than a month for me. I have used it more like a liquid wax in a spray bottle by using an applicator to spread and then remove with a towel.

I assume you have the new version (spray on, wipe out) instead of the older dry to haze formula.

Rock
04-12-2008, 10:17 AM
AW don`t seem to attract dust for me. I bet MR should have some anti-static. I`m getting about 3 months durability from AW. Can`t really compare AW and MR. Both are different world.

Alfisti
04-12-2008, 11:04 AM
Can`t really compare AW and MR. Both are different world.

.......Why?

AtomicBlueCivic
04-12-2008, 12:51 PM
Yes, I have the new formula. It`s basically WOWO. I`m not saying Aquawax attracts dust, I was stating that Morther`s RSW attracts LESS dust than Aquawax.

I just think that RSW is more versatile given the fact that it can be used as a detailer as well.

Aquawax may last longer, but the filling capabilities and the detailer aspect of it puts it ahead of Aquawax for me.

I`ll see how this goes: 601+105 2x a year, Aquawax 4x a year (3 month durability), and Mother`s RSW after each wash in between.

DCT
04-12-2008, 07:57 PM
Anyone compare Reflections Spray Wax to OCW? That would be a good test. If OCW is better, will it bet 2x better?

I have both products, and have tested them side by side.

These are my findings...

Both products are extremely easy to apply and remove.

Both leave a nice slick finish... with a slight edge to the new OCW.

Both products look great, with a slight edge in wetness to the OCW. (probably because of the carnuaba)

It looks like the OCW is going to have an edge in retaining that appearance.

With that said, you will have to try OCW and come to your own conclusions. I certainly wouldn`t hesitate to pick up RSW at 7.95 a bottle... and use it, as I like the product a lot. On the other hand, I don`t have any issues paying twice as much for OCW, as I find it to also be a fine product.

Pats300zx
04-12-2008, 08:20 PM
I actually like the Mothers Reflections Spray Wax. I polycharged it and it significantly improves the slickness of it.