PDA

View Full Version : Electric PW Leak?

manzz
04-11-2008, 08:41 PM
Brand new to the business, as im doing this as a side job on the weekends to make some extra cash

I picked up a Husky 1800PSI PW at home depot. I made all my connections and noticed there is a leak coming from the inlet on the pw, where the hose from the tank connects to. There is a quick connect and that`s where it leaks from. I did have to attach a new fitting to the hose that conneccts to the quick connect that goes to the pw. It`s annoying

Is there something i can do to fix it?

Thomas Dekany
04-11-2008, 09:23 PM
Brand new to the business, as im doing this as a side job on the weekends to make some extra cash

I picked up a Husky 1800PSI PW at home depot. I made all my connections and noticed there is a leak coming from the inlet on the pw, where the hose from the tank connects to. There is a quick connect and that`s where it leaks from. I did have to attach a new fitting to the hose that conneccts to the quick connect that goes to the pw. It`s annoying

Is there something i can do to fix it?

Mine is the same way. I think we need a better quality quick connect, or better yet, call the toll free number on the PW and see what they say.

howareb
04-11-2008, 09:50 PM
Are you using thread tape?

Thomas Dekany
04-11-2008, 09:52 PM
no. shouldn`t have to. cheap parts I guess???

howareb
04-11-2008, 09:56 PM
no. shouldn`t have to. cheap parts I guess???

I will hook you up the next time that we meet for a detail. I use thread tape for all my PW connections. It is the cheapest insurance against leaks.

Thomas Dekany
04-11-2008, 09:57 PM
I will hook you up the next time that we meet for a detail. I use thread tape for all my PW connections. It is the cheapest insurance against leaks.

Great! Thanks Erik. Tuesday.

manzz
04-11-2008, 10:34 PM
You mean teflon?

howareb
04-11-2008, 10:39 PM
You mean teflon?

Yep or any of these other names as well

" Teflon tape", "PTFE tape" or " plumber`s tape"

Making sure that I cover all bases. :D