PDA

View Full Version : Interior cleaner alternatives

Pages : [1] 2

irsankao
04-11-2008, 10:19 AM
Anybody knows alternatives to meguiar`s all purpose cleaner. The one with 1:10 or similar dilution. Hard to beat the effectiveness and cost saving of meg`s APC.

I am open for suggestions to try new products.

Pennypacker
04-11-2008, 10:24 AM
I use it cut 4:1 to clean my wheel wells and engine bay.

EDIT: oops, misinterpreted the question. Not many alternatives as cost-effective as APC. Simple Green maybe, but has mixed reviews--definitely would not use that on interior surfaces, except possibly the carpet. I`d probably go with Optimum`s even though it`s pricier.

irsankao
04-13-2008, 08:05 AM
I am looking for alternatives brand. Meg`s APC is hard to beat but there is circumtance that I can`t use it. So I need another brand, as good as or even better that meg`s APC but within similar price range

COLDZ71
04-13-2008, 08:11 AM
I`ve been looking for an APC also. I have looked into Megs APC and OPPC. The dollar value of the Megs is appealing. I would gladly get OPPC, but it is only recommended to cut 3:1. It is also almost twice the cost of the Megs. I would like to know what everyone has good success with.

dublifecrisis
04-13-2008, 10:18 AM
I`ve been using woolite dilluted with water to clean interiors and even leather. A spray bottle with like an OZ of woolite and rest with water. cleans spots and stuff pretty well and dirt cheap. try dreft if you don`t have woolite.

jshillin
04-13-2008, 10:19 AM
A vapor steamer will take it`s place. I use Meg`s APC, but I did just order a gallon of the Opt APC.

jesselyons2002
04-13-2008, 04:48 PM
How about Purple Power.

BuffMe
04-14-2008, 10:57 AM
Meg`s APC 10:1 just worked awesome an a Range Rover interior completely destroyed by an 8 month old with spills, rub marks, you name it. It`s hard to beat that stuff.

profpenguin
07-14-2009, 02:08 PM
I`ve been using woolite dilluted with water to clean interiors and even leather. A spray bottle with like an OZ of woolite and rest with water. cleans spots and stuff pretty well and dirt cheap. try dreft if you don`t have woolite.

Meg APC is hard to get where I am. I have been looking recommendations for other APC. I have read on this site mixed reviews regarding Simple Green and Purple power.

Just to clarify, do you use dilluted Woolite as an APC to clean everything, or do you limit it to cloth and leather.

Thanks

imported_wagonproject
07-14-2009, 02:50 PM
Go to Home depot and pick up either some Zep citrus degreaser or Zep All purpose cleaner. Work very nice!

profpenguin
07-14-2009, 07:22 PM
Go to Home depot and pick up either some Zep citrus degreaser or Zep All purpose cleaner. Work very nice!

Thank you wagonproject, I was just going to ask on this thread about Zep all purpose cleaner.

imported_Jakerooni
07-14-2009, 07:31 PM
Zep is a good product line for cleaners... Trying out the purple power right now with good results. $5.00/gal at the local Lowes store. Dilute down to 10:1 so extreamly cost effective. and it actually works too LOL

Thats Fresh
07-14-2009, 07:41 PM
would yall consider an APC to be the same as degreaser at the same dilution?

Furd
07-15-2009, 09:32 AM
Its not cheap, and you spray it on, but I use Griot`s Interior Cleaner. Its really effective on dirt/grease on carpets. I use it in my house too.

(Maybe you can use it as a spot cleaner if its too much $$$$ for your intended uses?)

David Fermani
07-15-2009, 10:25 AM
would yall consider an APC to be the same as degreaser at the same dilution?

Depends on the product in question, but many APCs can be used as a degreaser at the same dilution.