PDA

View Full Version : Time for a Yacht

Mobilejay
04-09-2008, 04:13 PM
I was wondering how long it takes to get a Yacht done. Inside/outside wash and clean, basically weekley maintanence. If I had 3 people on one 50-70 foot Yacht could it be done in one day? I was thinking one on the outside washing and two on the inside. When one finishes they help the others. Possible for one day?

murf'n'surf
04-09-2008, 04:26 PM
It really depends on how much you want to complete in 1 day. 3 people for 6-8 hours can pretty much do anything the boat needs. I would plan on at least 3 hours per week to maintain the boat --- but that all depends on the owner! In those 3 hours you will wash and dry the boat and then spend the remainder of time to detail areas such as metal work, waxing, teak cleaning, etc. Come up with a plan with the owner, unless his wallet is open to your ideas!

Mobilejay
04-09-2008, 04:34 PM
Thanks a lot for the info. I need all the help I can get with this. I am trying to get into that end of detailing and I kind of have a good "in" to it. I was thinking about getting 5 to begin with, and having them done once a week. I have been told a lot have it done that way here. Thanks again

Now I just need to research products, and everything about boats LOL.

AndrewOSU
08-23-2008, 05:39 PM
I don`t know if you still need the advice or not, but I can tell you that 3 people can definitely get that done in a day. The first round might take two full days, or 6-7 people in one day. But as long as the schedule remains weekly after that, then nothing should be so dirty to require extra attention. Provided the owner isn`t trashing it every week, then regular weekly maintenance cleanings should be a breeze for 3 people in 6 hours.

My previous employer always ran us in teams of 3, and we would hit 4-5 boats in the 30-45 ft range each Friday. Anything over 50 ft usually got a half-day. If we ever had something 60ft or up, then we`d give it an entire day.

yachtfisher
08-26-2008, 08:02 AM
Sounds like you got some good answers allready.

yes a full day if veeeeery easy on a boat that size.

you might want 2 people on the outside and one on the inside, way more to wash / dry / clean / polish......also don`t forget the water ways under and around the deck and engine hatches, and anchor locker.

Just curious what kind of money do you plan to charge and pay your employees ?

best of luck to you

mark