PDA

View Full Version : Zaino had a bad day, Help Menzerna options?

007-z4
04-09-2008, 07:03 AM
Hello Auto Detailers!

Ok, currently using all Zaino products from ZPC to Z-10!

All the Zaino products are very good, I have been a faithful supporter from day 1, spending $$ cha-ching over the years:wow:

At my age, I understand that we can sometimes have a bad day:cry:

Yesterday, I called Zaino for help and received poor sarcastic support, I guess they were just to busy to talk to me, and yes after the 1st person answered the phone, they passed me on to someone else also was to busy to help! :eek:

So here is what you can do to help!!! Looking to try Menzerna products-------

Can you suggest a moderate cleaner for light swirl marks, and a few very light scratches, that are cleaning marks from drying etc.

What would you use then cover the cleaner---What products should I purchase? I am using a UDM. I have a BMW in a medium metallic Blue.

If you are a Menzerna user, Love to hear from you!!

Menzerna Cleaner/scratch swirl remover?

Menzerna Follow up wax/protectant?

What pads should I buy for cleaner and what pads for polishing??

All the best! :xyxthumbs

imported_Bence
04-09-2008, 06:57 PM
I`d recommend the 106FF/FA for minor defect removal, but you can go with your usual Zaino sealant route.

If you want to try other waxes or sealants, the possibilities are endless. If you want a durable, good looking product, look for Collinite 845/476, Meguiar`s #21, Opti Seal, Finish Kare 1000P/2180, Jeff`s Werkstatt twins, etc.

If you are satisfied with a solid 3-4 month performance, you should look into Mothers products, especially Reflections and FX, as they are excellent too.

Use either a light cutting/polishing/finishing pad with the 106FF/FA, depending on your actual paint condition.

imported_agentf1
04-09-2008, 07:49 PM
I sometimes use PO106FF but just make sure you do a 50/50 wipe before applying Z2p or Z5p.

What issues are you having?

SuperBee364
04-09-2008, 08:07 PM
More props for Menzerna PO106FF here. It`s really about the best finishing polish you can use with a PC. It doesn`t really have much in the way of swirl correction ability, though, so if you still find the swirls are there after using 106ff, you might want to consider geting some Menzerna Super Intensive Polish for swirl removal, then follow that up with the 106.

Edit: I gotta add that 1Z`s HochGlanz will give PO106FF a run for the money on a PC. I`ve been using it a bit now with a PC, and it works *very* well.

detaildoc
04-09-2008, 08:12 PM
Hello Auto Detailers!

Yesterday, I called Zaino for help and received poor sarcastic support, I guess they were just to busy to talk to me, and yes after the 1st person answered the phone, they passed me on to someone else also was to busy to help! :eek:

Yeap, that sounds like them alright. I`ve had my share of their passive aggressive/sarcastic "support." Their customer service has definitely gone down to hell nowadays. There`s another post somewhere about that. No worries, plenty of other great people out there selling high quality products. I`d go with 106ff with a white pad.

gmblack3
04-09-2008, 08:21 PM
What issues where you having?

Macruz19
04-09-2008, 09:00 PM
Only support I spoke to was Sal himself and he was very helpful. :nixweiss

Macruz19
04-09-2008, 09:04 PM
My gf likes the Menzerna finsihing glaze and other Menz products and tops it off with Z-CS. Here`s a link I just posted today... http://autopia.org/forum/click-brag/105381-clear-bra-damage-06-honda-civic-hybrid.html

Before she used Menz finishing glaze, and topped it off with Z-CS, and it looked outstanding. I don`t know about the durability, but it looked very good.

Scottwax
04-09-2008, 10:23 PM
Menzerna would be fine, LSP choices on your color....Optimum Opti-Seal, Werkstatt twins and Meguiars NXT2 would all look really good.

imported_JoshVette
04-09-2008, 10:59 PM
I`m really surprised nobody has recommended Menz IP or SIP?

For a PC I would really go with something a with a little more cut for a BMW.

Try Menz IP with a light cutting pad for the swirls and defect removal, then I`d finish it with ZPC with a white pad to really gloss it up and ZAIO or straight to Z5 for protection.

:bigups

Glossy McGlosserton
04-10-2008, 03:24 PM
Sorry you got less-than-great support on your call to Zaino. Human beings are just too human, huh? I`ve gotten great help from Sal. I can understand if you don`t want to put in another call, but another day and getting to talk right to Sal might give you a better result. It`s the plus and the minus of dealing with a company that is not some huge conglomerate.

Menzerna 85RD and ZPC are about on par with each other, with a slight nod for gloss going to 85RD (though I`ve talked to Sal about this, and he believes this is due to oils in the 85RD...). If your defects aren`t corrected with these, try first going to an orange pad from the white (Lake Country CCS). If you still need better correction, you could go to SIP (with your BMW paint I think that`s preferable to the IP). Or I use Optimum Compound.

If you use the 85RD rather than the ZPC, hit the car with Z-AIO to remove any oils, etc. and prep for Z-CS or Z-2/5 P. Or you could wash it, if you don`t have Z-AIO.

Bert
04-10-2008, 03:42 PM
Menzerna would be fine, LSP choices on your color....Optimum Opti-Seal, Werkstatt twins and Meguiars NXT2 would all look really good.

When you use Opti-Seal, do you generally use Poli-Seal before hand or do you find any paint cleaner/pure polish will work fine with Opti-Seal?