PDA

View Full Version : new Meguiars product

tom weed
04-08-2008, 02:10 PM
New Product Announcement! D151 Paint Reconditioning Cream - Car Care Forums: Meguiar`s Online (http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23134)

Interesting product, looks like it could be similar to PolySeal, but with more cutting ability! Sounds like a perfect follow up for 105!

Tom

imported_Denzil
04-08-2008, 03:51 PM
Interesting product it is! I`m curious to try it.

Junebug
04-08-2008, 04:53 PM
Hey, Meguiars is on a roll with some serious new stuff. If it`s as good as the last three I tried - 105, NXT 2.0 and 21 2.0, I`ll start getting my other stuff from them too - got a local Rep in town.

Macruz19
04-08-2008, 05:41 PM
Very nice!

SuperBee364
04-08-2008, 05:43 PM
Notice the way Mike puts the thread back on track, though... He mentions that the product is meant for "high production shops". Kinda makes you wonder if this is "Autopian level" stuff. Might be a way to produce good results, though, if you have a cheap customer... might be able to start servicing lower budget clients.

Harbison215
04-08-2008, 05:55 PM
so is this touted as a one step? i mean if you have to do two passes with two different pads, then i really don`t see the point.

if you could finish with say, a green edge pad and do some minor correcting with a reasonable shine, then this product would be great for high volume shops and dealerships (or inexpensive detail shops).

anyway, im looking forward to trying this. it may be good for my customers who want a fast and inexpensive job.

the other pc
04-08-2008, 05:56 PM
Even if the final finish isn’t “the best of the best†you could still get great results by finishing off with a more traditional fine polish. Either way, you can keep fewer chemicals and pads on the shelf.

If the performance of M105 and So1o are any indicator, it should be a very useful addition to the arsenal.

PC.

the other pc
04-08-2008, 06:04 PM
so is this touted as a one step? i mean if you have to do two passes with two different pads, then i really don`t see the point....The point is flexibility. It can be a one-step, a two-step or part of an n-step.

Whether you’re working fast and “good enough†or take-your-time “ultimate,†having fewer chemicals, pads and process combinations to manage means higher efficiency and profitability.

PC.

Harbison215
04-08-2008, 07:07 PM
The point is flexibility. It can be a one-step, a two-step or part of an n-step.

Whether you’re working fast and “good enough†or take-your-time “ultimate,†having fewer chemicals, pads and process combinations to manage means higher efficiency and profitability.

PC.

good points. im going to try some of this. you guys wouldn`t believe how many customers i have that don`t want to spend more than $80-$100 for a detail. as long as they get their car back fast, their rugs are clean and their paint shines somewhat...thats all they want.

hopefully if i could do a quick wash, hit the car one time with this stuff and throw some wax on the car, i may be able to get more work. it all depends on how many swirls this stuff leaves.

imported_Dave1
04-08-2008, 08:11 PM
The level of cut would be nice to know.....

An all in one polish is already available with several options. That said, if it`s priced right I have no doubt that Meguiars will have a lot of intrest with the name they have in the business.....

SuperBee364
04-08-2008, 08:20 PM
The level of cut would be nice to know.....

An all in one polish is already available with several options. That said, if it`s priced right I have no doubt that Meguiars will have a lot of intrest with the name they have in the business.....

Yeah, they are being kinda vague about that. Not much is said, other than something about how you can vary the cut according to what pad you use with it (duh, really).

dublifecrisis
04-08-2008, 08:41 PM
i hadn`t looked at the product yet, but does this compare at all to #83? I`ve been looking to get a good AIO and so far, poli-seal seems to be the right direction.

TTWAGN
04-08-2008, 10:15 PM
Sounds like the same description as Meguiars #66.....

Meguiars #66 is my favourite products as i do lots of cheap/quick details.

I cant wait to see the comparison with pictures. Sounds awesome!

Alfisti
04-18-2008, 12:05 AM
It`s meant to be like #66 on steroids.

It has a cut between #83 and #86 So1o, so it`s more aggressive than #83 but finishes out better. Sounds excellent.

It`s engineered with fillers though...one of the few that Megs admit to. :chuckle:

It sounds like another best-in-class product from Megs latest *Renaissance*.

Woob
04-18-2008, 03:52 AM
Hey, Meguiars is on a roll with some serious new stuff. If it`s as good as the last three I tried - 105, NXT 2.0 and 21 2.0, I`ll start getting my other stuff from them too - got a local Rep in town.

Is that the Carquest Refinishing Store? Gah almost home soon....