PDA

View Full Version : Product Question

evenflow08
04-07-2008, 05:39 PM
Hey all, new here and what a great place...so much information i am confused!

I purchaced an 04 Chevy Tahoe over the winter (live in pennsylvainia) and now that the weather is breaking i want to get some products to make it look good. I am putting 22 inch chrome wheels on it next week and want the paint to look as good as the wheels.....here is where my question is:

The color is a very dark metallic blue (almost looks black in some lights). I had the vehicle buffed when i first got it so they could remove some scratches that were in the paint and also the areas around the fender wells were buffed and wet sanded a second time to remove surface gouges left by the plastic fender flares i removed. i washed it yesterday and noticed alot of swirl marks and some annoying surface scratches probibly caused by normal winter driving and would like some opinions on what products i should get to get the paint back to tip top shape? the paint all in all looks good and shiney without any oxidation but i am sure there are some impurities left over from winter.....would the Sonus Klasse AIO and clay bundle get me back to beutiful or do i need to go more aggressive? Sorry i cant post pics but my camera quit working a few weeks ago

evenflow08
04-08-2008, 09:56 AM
can someone please help me out here, i would love to get my stuff ordered/purchaced if i can get the items suggested locailly so i can start the makeover this weekend

jshillin
04-08-2008, 11:09 AM
Well, if you have swirls and scratches, you`re going to need a machine. I would suggest either a PC, UDM, or a Flex, depending on how much you want to spend. As far as polishes go, most people go with SIP and either PO85RD or 106FF.

imported_Denzil
04-08-2008, 11:30 AM
You`ll probably need a PC/UDM to make any paint correction in a more reasonable amount of time compared to correction by hand. Since we can`t determine the condition of your paint without pictures, it`s kind of difficult to give you specifics as to what to suggest to you. All we can really give you are generalizations. Try to get some pictures up somehow!

evenflow08
04-08-2008, 11:41 AM
thanks guys, i will try to borrow a camera from work and post some pics