PDA

View Full Version : other shampoo`s with zaino???

jaidedeye
04-07-2008, 12:13 AM
with pollen season and summer coming i wash my Lexus at least once a week...i go through zaino car wash like crazy and the cost really ads up quick. what other car shampoo`s can i use that wont strip zaino off my paint?

any good OTC washes like duragloss or miguiars ok?

docrice
04-07-2008, 12:51 AM
I wash with Duragloss every other week and my 6-layers of Z-2/5 is still beading (applied them back in October).

jaidedeye
04-07-2008, 12:52 AM
I wash with Duragloss every other week and my 6-layers of Z-2/5 is still beading (applied them back in October).

awsome..thanks

Neofate
04-07-2008, 03:03 AM
with pollen season and summer coming i wash my Lexus at least once a week...i go through zaino car wash like crazy and the cost really ads up quick. what other car shampoo`s can i use that wont strip zaino off my paint?

any good OTC washes like duragloss or miguiars ok?

No need to buy an expensive car wash -- No need AT ALL.

Just go grab some Meguiers Crystal Car Wash -- I think its actually called Meguiers Deep Crystal Car Wash. It is a few bucks, and comes in a concentrated formula .. half gallon or so? -- Use a few oz of it per gallon. Lasts a long time, and might cost you a few pennies or a nickle per wash.

Its safe , I`ve tested it often, from removing any LSP`s.

Two reasons I recommend this.

A) I use it solely.

B) It isn`t something you have to order, and can be found virtually anywhere in the United States as Walmart, Autozone, Advanced Auto Parts, Pep Boys, and a host of other places carry it always. -- The biggy being Walmart. I can almost guarantee you`ll find it at your local wally world.

Mr.Concours
04-07-2008, 03:17 AM
Haven`t used Zanio but would`nt Megs NXT wash/shampoo be a good OTC choice as NXT is a sealant?

Neofate
04-07-2008, 03:34 AM
Haven`t used Zanio but would`nt Megs NXT wash/shampoo be a good OTC choice as NXT is a sealant?

Yup that would be fine,..

From Meg`s themselves:

Meguiar’s® expertise in ESP technology has led to the development of a completely synthetic car wash concentrate that loosens and emulsifies even the toughest dirt and road grime with xtreme sudsing action. This pH balanced, non-detergent formula won’t strip off wax protection and is gentle on all painted finishes as well as rubber, vinyl, and plastic components. Meguiar’s NXT Generation® Car Wash is the first step to an amped up shine, and prepares your paint for an application of Meguiar’s NXT Generation Tech Waxâ„¢.

G12619 ..........18 oz. (532 ml) $4.99 Add To Cart

G12664 ..........64 oz. (1893 ml) $7.59 Add To Cart

Cheap and good. The wash I mentioned is basically the same thing without the NXT label. Also I believe the Deep Crystal is a bit cheaper,.. either way those are both cheap.

Macruz19
04-07-2008, 06:14 AM
Anything else works well. I used NXT, and ONR. No problems here.

jaidedeye
04-07-2008, 10:02 AM
thanks for the feedback guys.