PDA

View Full Version : Zaino Question

Logan06GTO
04-05-2008, 01:40 AM
Is it necessary to wait 6hrs before the "next" application of z-5 or z-2? or can I wipe off the previous, z-6... then apply z-2 or z-5... without waiting 6hrs?

moolman
04-05-2008, 03:13 AM
My first advice would be to read through the Zaino site so that you can properly learn how to use the products. Now to answer your question, if you use ZFX, you can apply the next layer of Z-2 or Z-5 immediately after wiping off, up to a max 3 layers. Without ZFX you must wait 24 hours to apply the next layer.

dogma
04-05-2008, 04:30 AM
No, using ZFXed Z5pro or Z2 pro you can put another coat on right away as moolman said.

I find 2 coats of each is optimal for me. I always top with ZCS.

imported_memnuts
04-05-2008, 05:29 AM
The above responses are correct "if" your intentions are to actually "layer" Z2 or Z5PRO. Experience has shown that 12 hours between non-ZFX`d applications will allow layering to occur.

If you are applying a second coat to insure complete coverage, like all LSP, a second layer can be applied immediately after the first application. The only drawback could be the possibility that the second application may take a little longer to dry because of the admixture of the 2 applications.

This is the exact situation where ZFX exposes it value. With ZFX usage one can apply multiple coats (3) in less than an hour or 2 with the only investment being the 30- 180 seconds required to mix. Personally, I will trade 1-2 minutes for 12 hrs of waiting. Time is money and even at minimum wage ZFX basically pays for itself after one 3 coating session.

Logan06GTO
04-05-2008, 10:20 AM
Alright, thanks guys!