PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna polish question

gkcomp22
04-04-2008, 03:45 PM
I`m new to the detailing world and I was looking at the Menzerna brand polishes, specifically Sip and 106. I hear good things about these 2 polishes.

I want to detail my truck and was wondering if you can use these polishes outside and in the sun. I searched the forum and found different answers.

Where I live the garage is to small/tight to polish inside so I`d have to polish outside. The driveway is shady in the morning hours and in the evening hours, but for a few hours during the afternoon its mostly sunny with some shade. There`s not enough shade during the afternoon to cover the whole truck. I was wondering if I can use these 2 polishes.

If it makes any difference my truck is white. Does anyone have any recent experience in using sip and 106 outside in the sun on a white car? Maybe I could just use the 106 since my car is pretty new, but I would like to be able to use both if I need more correction power. Would I be able to use Sip and 106 outside in the sun? I`m trying to pick some polishes soon and would like to know if I can use these.

Thanks for the input

NCZ13
04-04-2008, 04:09 PM
im pretty sure i read somewhere you shouldnt use them in the sun....

uzj100
04-04-2008, 04:31 PM
You can use them outside, but it`s not recommended because the polish tends to dry out pretty quickly. I`ve used it outside on black and white cars with no issues.......but........I only did some small areas and worked pretty quickly. Maybe Optimum would be a better choice as it`s a sun "friendly" polish?

Just my .02

HTH

gkcomp22
04-04-2008, 04:49 PM
I was reading about Optimum and Pooboys brand polishes being more sun friendly. But something keeps bringing me back to the Menzerna line. I was reading some posts where Menzerna was used outside in the sun, but they were older posts. I was just wondering if anyone has anymore experience with it.

Since my paint is white I was thinking if I work in smaller areas maybe I can use Menzerna. Thanks for the suggestions.

Downgear
04-04-2008, 05:29 PM
Outside you always risk dust and dirt blowing on the paint. Once it lands and you continue polishing you will create a mess of the paint. I would try to find a place indoors.

gkcomp22
04-05-2008, 01:34 PM
I guess you`re right, it would be better to do it inside. I could bring it to where I work next door. There`s a garage with a loading dock that could fit a trailer, and on the other side of the building theres a garage that could fit 5 pick ups.

I was just wondering if I could use Menzerna polishes outside just in case I wouldn`t be able to do it indoors. It would suck having products that I wouldn`t even be able to use. Thats why I want to find out before I buy everything.

Neofate
04-05-2008, 01:51 PM
Where I live the garage is to small/tight to polish inside so I`d have to polish outside.

Thanks for the input

Hmm.. Well I assume you have a foot or two on each side of the vehicle when parked.

Is it possible to push the mirror in on the side, and then pull the car in about an inch from the wall on one side or the other of the garage? Leaving you just enough room to polish. (I know it will be tight, but would that give a few feet to polish?) -- The front and back can obviously be done with parking half way in, and reversing halfway in.

-- Lastly, if not -- You can get one of those portable tents.. You know sort of like what you see at an event with food/beer and whatnot in it. That would keep the debris/dirt and sun from the vehicle and give you ample room.

** Just did a quick search for a polish that is `safe` in direct sunlight -- Came up with this:

Diamond Coat Polish, a new technology car polish (car wax) that is amazingly easy and incredibly beautiful. (http://www.diamondcoatpolish.com/)

lol -- Never heard of it,.. but it is safe to say I would use the good stuff and do it inside :)

gkcomp22
04-05-2008, 02:07 PM
Hmm.. Well I assume you have a foot or two on each side of the vehicle when parked.

Is it possible to push the mirror in on the side, and then pull the car in about an inch from the wall on one side or the other of the garage? Leaving you just enough room to polish. (I know it will be tight, but would that give a few feet to polish?) -- The front and back can obviously be done with parking half way in, and reversing halfway in.

-- Lastly, if not -- You can get one of those portable tents.. You know sort of like what you see at an event with food/beer and whatnot in it. That would keep the debris/dirt and sun from the vehicle and give you ample room.

Actually thats a pretty good idea. I never thought of that before. The only problem I could see is the height of the ceiling. Its pretty low and it would be a major pain to get the roof.

I`ll see if I can use the shop where I work. They even have some portable halogen lights :). It shouldn`t be a problem, but its good to be prepared just in case.

dublifecrisis
04-05-2008, 03:55 PM
I just worked intensive polish outside and it did dry a little quicker and seem to dust worse. It was actually even a little cloudy and humid. I moved the car inside the garage and it broke down longer like it should.