PDA

View Full Version : Toyota Avensis-help Needed

pampos
04-04-2008, 12:55 PM
Hi all.in less than 12 hours i am going to detail a Toyota Avensis metallic silver paint 1 year driven(it is a new car).i am thinking after claying to use sonus paintwork cleanser or meguiars scratch-x to remove the extremely light swirls,follow up with Klasse glaze and finish with some carnauba wax.Do you think this process will be ok?Any ideas for something better?the car has only extremely light swirls and the paint is smooth enough.

(i have more aggressive polish but i don`t think that are necessary.All sonus SFX polish,MEGS #83,#80 and deep shine 3 steps,Menzerna all of them).i am going to use my UDM with polishing pads for swirl removal and finishing pad for wax and Klasse.

thanks once again for helping me :xyxthumbs

jdubb12
04-04-2008, 01:17 PM
If its very light swirling scratch x will be to harsh I would start with Menz 106ff and a white pad if you have it. If that doesnt work try Menz SIP. IMO

backwoods_lex
04-04-2008, 01:54 PM
I might just go with one coat of Klasse SG and skip the carnuba on this one. You might want to suggest to the owner that they follow up with 3 weekly washes, 2 more coats of Klasse, and then a coat of carnuba (1 coat each week) for the patented "perfect shine". It might give you some more business with them in the future.

Klasse SG looks great on metallic silver.

Edit: I would also probably use the #80 instead of the scratch x. The #80 is more suited for a polish than scratch x.

AP2TUDE
04-04-2008, 02:43 PM
I typically try and not come up with a set gameplan before I do a car. Every car is different, every situation is different.

Until you can get the car clean and actually do a test spot, you can`t really know what you are going to face.

I would hit it with 106 with the finishing pad first to see just how much cut and defect removal you get out of it. After that just back through stiffer stuff until you get the result that you and the customer are going to be happy with.

Either that or just hit with with the Klasse AIO and tell the customer that a few more applications will be necessary to get the correction where you want it.

If you have a UDM though, I would avoid scratchX. Remember that the machine gives you the consistency that is really hard to duplicate by hand.

pampos
04-04-2008, 03:05 PM
and what about the sonus paint cleanser polish??should i give a try?it says that it cleans the paint and removes light swirl marks too.Also if i use this do i need to clay it before or not?

backwoods_lex
04-05-2008, 03:13 PM
How did it turn out?

pampos
04-05-2008, 10:55 PM
How did it turn out?

just take a look here : )

http://autopia.org/forum/click-brag/105174-some-quick-pics-my-todays-detail.html#post1102715