PDA

View Full Version : Collinite topping NXT 2.0

spatel
04-03-2008, 10:02 PM
All,

I`m a long time lurker, 1st time poster. Here is my question: I have some NXT 2.0 and would like to apply it to my car and top it with Collinite 845 or 476. Do either of the Collinite waxes have cleaners that would remove the NXT 2.0?

My other questions are which Collinite wax would you recommend between 845 & 476? Which is the more durable of the 2? Which would give a car (silver car & black car) a better look? Which is easier to work with as long as I apply a thin coat?

Thanks in advance.

Carbon Blue
04-03-2008, 10:33 PM
from what Ive read neither 476 or 845IW have any cleaners in them. Also the consensus is that 476 is a little more durable that 845IW. If I were you I would lay down the collinite first then top it with NXT for better protection. Application wise 845IW is much easier to apply and remove and both I believe offer the same look. I think 845IW is one of my favorite waxes of all time it looks great, application is easy, and itll outlast some of the best sealants on the market. Also if your just going to apply it once to the car for the year then 476 is the way to go, if your like me or many of the others here and your applying wax every other week or so then I think 845IW is your best bet.

UpNorth
04-04-2008, 12:15 AM
I might be remembering this wrong, but I think NXT has minor cleaning ability so it might not be a good topper. But as Carbon Blue says, neither Collinite has any cleaners.

I haven`t tried the 845 so I can`t speak to its ease or look, but I am a huge 476 fan. Three coats of it got me through the winter on my car parked outside 24x7. (I need to re-up as soon as it gets warm enough.) I am far from skilled and found the 476s easy enough to use. But as Carbon Blue says, most people report 845 is easier.

Carbon Blue
04-04-2008, 01:02 AM
^^

Nevermind for some reason I thought NXT had no cleaning ability. thanks for the correction UpNorth.