PDA

View Full Version : I put on WAYYY too much wax HELP!

LastDetail
07-30-2005, 09:00 PM
Hey guys, I am putting a fresh coat of wax on the ol` Tahoe. I am using Mothers paste pure carnuba. I am now positive that I put it on way too thick. It took me literally an hour just to get it all off the hood.
Anybody have any idea how I can get it off easily? my right arm is completely numb already and I have only gotten to the drivers side doors.

I thought maybe claying the waxed areas would remove it but no such luck.
Anyway, somebody, HELLLP!

GregCavi
07-30-2005, 09:05 PM
1.) spray qd on the panel.
2.) put an mf bonnet on a pc if you have it. or put an mf towel under your polishing pad. run slow to remove the residue. Make sure the mf is very high quality.
3.) repeat if necessary.

Let us know how it goes.

Greg

LastDetail
07-30-2005, 10:23 PM
that process is kind of working, this is seriously the biggest mistake I have ever made, 5 hours so far or wax removal, and I still have the passenger side rear door, rear quarter panel and the tailgate to go. I am so unbeleivably angry with myself.
Greg thanks for the tip I think there just might too much wax on there for it to handle, its like it works for a minute and then so much wax builds up on the towel it all wrinkles under the pad. then I have to turn it off and undo the towel and put it back on I just went back to doing it by hand.

keeotee
07-30-2005, 10:37 PM
Wash it

hammondc
08-02-2005, 08:41 AM
wash with dawn maybe? It should take the wax right off. Of course, then you will have to start over again. I suspect if you put that much wax on, you should start again anyway after you get it cleaned up.

carazy
08-02-2005, 09:42 AM
With too much wax, I put on another very thin coat of wax on top to help thin it out. It seems too help.