PDA

View Full Version : Autopia.org Ownership & Future Direction

Pages : [1] 2

Bobby G
03-31-2008, 09:37 PM
NEWS RELEASE

March 31, 2008, San Diego, CA -- On April 1, 2008 the Autopia.org automotive community will become an independent internet publication. The spin off of Autopia.org from it`s former parent company, The Perfect Shine, LLC, will allow the Autopia community to continue its leadership position as the number one site for open discussion of automobile detailing.

As Autopia.org`s founder and owner, I pledge to breathe new life into Autopia and to make the community my primary effort. We are less than two years away from Autopia`s 10th anniversary, and I intend to see this milestone in with a BANG! I`m looking forward to the addition of many new features, new activities and expanded discussions.

The future of Autopia.org is an expansion of what we excel at: hands-on perfection and enhancement of automobiles. Detailing cars is but one avenue that cars can be perfected and enhanced to show their ultimate beauty. There are many others, and Autopia.org will step up to other aspects of the car hobby that bring automobile enthusiasts together to share ideas, learn and admire one another`s efforts.

The evolution of the Autopia.org platform (software upgrades and enhancements) will continue through April and May in support of the community`s expansion. With this expansion will come the changes needed to generate funding. Specifically, advertising, sponsorship and affiliate sales relationships will used to generate the money needed to keep the community going.

In full disclosure, I remain a partner in the Ultima and Polycharger brands and Premium Finish Care, LLC (the parent company of Ultima and Polycharger) will continue to be a supporter of Autopia.org. I am no longer a partner in The Perfect Shine, LLC (parent company of Sonus, Ultimate Detailing Machine and the Autopia-CarCare.com store), but The Perfect Shine will continue to be a sponsor.

Thank you in advance for your support.

David Bynon

Setec Astronomy
03-31-2008, 09:40 PM
Huh? Does that mean that you are no longer affiliated with the ACC store or the Sonus and UDM products??

Bobby G
03-31-2008, 09:42 PM
Huh? Does that mean that you are no longer affiliated with the ACC store or the Sonus and UDM products??

That is correct. I will be turning over my product management duties in April and Autopia.org will be my primary effort.

BigAl3
03-31-2008, 09:56 PM
Autopia.org will be my primary effort.

David, you got our support!

imported_rydawg
03-31-2008, 11:27 PM
Thanks for the update!

Autopia is looking great!

:2thumbs: Great job!

jswift2000
04-01-2008, 12:08 AM
Dave,

We`re all behind you on the decision. Keep up the excellent work!!!!

Jeff

detaildoc
04-01-2008, 12:19 AM
That is correct. I will be turning over my product management duties in April and Autopia.org will be my primary effort.

So, who will be handling those two product lines? More importantly, will this have any effect on the warranty of the UDM? I hope lynn is staying, her customer support is the best.

jswift2000
04-01-2008, 01:03 AM
I hope lynn is staying, her customer support is the best.

Couldnt agree more. This is one of the greatest assets that you and Lynn posses - customer satisfaction.

a.k.a. Patrick
04-01-2008, 07:18 AM
Um wow! Good luck, and congrats, all at the same time! The publication is certainly leaps and bounds ahead of the rest. To begin adding to it it will only set you further ahead.......I think its safe to say, we, the community, fully support your efforts.

imported_Detailing Technology
04-01-2008, 07:27 AM
Do you have any plans for any "pay" features for usage on Autopia?

twitch
04-01-2008, 08:52 AM
Wow, what a large step to take David. I can`t hardly imagine what this place is going to look like with it being your primary effort now. :hifive:

I`m guessing that this news explains the reason that we no longer have the weekly sweepstakes? I knew something was missing :D

Thanks for your hard work.

Bobby G
04-01-2008, 09:41 AM
Do you have any plans for any "pay" features for usage on Autopia?

As yet, no. I will be putting up a store for "Autopia Gear" at some point in the near future.

kkjv1
04-01-2008, 10:08 AM
David, good luck! I know that running a community this size is sometimes a thankless job, but i do want to say that all your efforts are appreciated. I`m looking forward to the Autopia `expansion` in the future.

Greg Nichols
04-01-2008, 10:23 AM
David,

thanks for the hard work to create such a great community.

Cheers,

Greg

Bobby G
04-01-2008, 10:33 AM
David, good luck! I know that running a community this size is sometimes a thankless job, but i do want to say that all your efforts are appreciated. I`m looking forward to the Autopia `expansion` in the future.

Thanks, Kent. I have never thought it was a thankless job. From the very beginning Autopia has been a joy for me. I enjoy the automobile hobby and "car people", so it has been mostly fun, fun, fun!