PDA

View Full Version : Bmw Wheels

jmontgom
07-30-2005, 05:13 PM
Can anyone suggest products that can be bought locally to clean heavily pited wheels. I have tried PP and it didn`t really make a differance. Theese are by far the worst wheels i have seen and i would really like to make a good impression for the customer because of possible refferals. Thanks for the help
jonny

GregCavi
07-30-2005, 05:56 PM
IF the wheels are pitted then a product wont take away the pitting. I would clean them first. Use wheel acid diluted properlly if needed then follow up with car shampoo. Once there cleaned then clay and polish them. Seal them up with a wheel sealant or a wax. Thats about the best way to get them looking as nice as they will get.

Greg

jmontgom
07-31-2005, 08:02 AM
I didn`t even think about using the clay. That is why I love this place. Thanks for the help Greg I will let you know how it comes out.

jonny

Poorboy
07-31-2005, 08:47 AM
if you try clay, make sure you break a small piece off and then throw it away after use as it will be embedded with metal particles..then polish them out with the PP;)

jmontgom
07-31-2005, 03:07 PM
I tried the clay and it didn`t seem to have any affect. What do you think about usint a Dremmel with a buffing wheel and some PP??

jonny

Beemerboy
07-31-2005, 05:46 PM
What I have seen on BMW rims is that the clear gets hot and the brake dust bakes into the finish....I did a car some time back and what I used that worked ok was Stoners Tarmanator (sp) I had to spray on then used the edge of a plastic card like a credit card and scraped the rim, I`m talking about the coated rim part not the center......I have allot of experence with BMW rims and some are beyond repair/cleaning.....I followed with PP to clean up and sealed them....I removed about 85% the rest was so far embbed into the clear on the rim there was nothing more that I could do...Hope this helps and I got the Stoners at the local Pepboys here in CA