PDA

View Full Version : How do you dry your Waffle Weave after using them?

Pages : [1] 2

Downgear
03-30-2008, 03:03 PM
I have avoided using waffle weave for a long time because I could never find a good "safe" way to dry them. I remember years ago i would hang my 100% cotton towels up in my garage, but i would be super paranoid about dirt falling on them from the air and later marring the paint. For years i have used my synthetic chamois and kept it sealed permanently in a rubber made container full of water. i change the water after eveyr car wash and tt stays 100% clean and I can confirm it does not create any new marring.

I know waffle weave however does dry better, especially on a black car. But what is the method that other autopians use to dry the waffle weave safely. I don`t want to just seal it in a zip lock bag because it will rot, not dry and stink over time. I bought all these waffle weave and really want to try them out though...i hate being so paranoid, but its for the best having a black swirl free car!

MrNorwall
03-30-2008, 03:08 PM
...a dryer.. just no fabric softener and keep it away from other fabrics (only other microfiber)

Setec Astronomy
03-30-2008, 03:13 PM
I always wash mine after use and dry them in the dryer. If your car is really clean when you use them, I suppose you could throw them in the dryer without washing them (the reason not to do that is if they are dirty, getting dirt in your dryer that would get on your clean clothes). Of course a cheap laundry rack inside would be another way, or drape them over the top of the laundry basket.

Downgear
03-30-2008, 03:14 PM
you use the dryer every time you wash your car? hmmmm....i guess thats one way. kind of a pain but once its dry you can store its safely i suppose.

BlueLibby04
03-30-2008, 03:18 PM
I usually just hang them up if they are still clean. If I used them on the door jambs or on the rims Ill just wash them then dry them for 20min or so. After they dry alittle in the dryer Ill hang them up to dry.

I never fully dry them in the dryer.

Setec Astronomy
03-30-2008, 03:29 PM
you use the dryer every time you wash your car? hmmmm....i guess thats one way. kind of a pain but once its dry you can store its safely i suppose.

No, I have a lot of WW`s. I have a separate laundry basket for car towels, and I drape the wet ones over the top or edges to dry until I have wet ones from a subsequent wash, at which point the draped ones (now dry) go in the basket and the new wet ones get draped.

Can`t you hang them on a bathroom towel rack somewhere to dry? Or do you have a SO that will get peeved?

Macruz19
03-30-2008, 06:47 PM
Wash by hand, and hang dry them for me.

BigAl3
03-30-2008, 09:51 PM
after i`m done using my ww`s, i use a pant hanger with the clips and hang dry...

wytstang
03-31-2008, 12:10 AM
Hang it up in the bathroom works for me.

kaval
03-31-2008, 12:17 AM
Hang dry for me also...If the towel isn`t very wet, I will lay it out over the windshield while I`m working on the car.

Joseph K
03-31-2008, 07:11 PM
I just hang up all my mf towels to dry... I wash them in the washing machine, but on gentle setting and I don`t use any fabric softener or anything on them, just a degreaser.

Butrball12
04-01-2008, 12:02 AM
i machine wash everything and then hang them to dry, worked fine so far with all types of MF

Saintlysins
04-01-2008, 11:55 AM
I know I give a lot of details, and this is certainly going to be another instance.

I find it’s the dried minerals and scale in the water that makes the towels (everything else too) feel hard and crisp after they’re dry. My washing machine has an in-line scale and mineral water filter for both hot and cold water lines that I change out every 2 months. I use the concentrated (H-E) detergents, with an extra rinse cycle.

Without any softeners, or drying sheets, the dryer is set to delicate (low heat) – but the longest time allowed. IMO this drying technique seems to keep them softer and fluffier – almost as if a slow dry is better than a fast-flash dry.

(How much like a chick do I sound right now, huh? -- Next week we’ll be discussing how to care for our panties and bras ... Then we’ll all watch Hockey and Boxing to get our manhood back!)

3puttjay
04-01-2008, 12:14 PM
I usually wash mine after drying the car and let them air dry on a towel rack. Every other wash I toss in some vinegar in the rinse cycle and put them through another rinse cycle after that. I then put them in my airtight plastic container with my other carcare MF`s towels.

Accumulator
04-01-2008, 01:06 PM
SuperBee364- I dunno...I end up doing most of the laundry in our household, probably because I`m willing to put a lot of thought into it so it turns out better (at least IMO :o ).

Yeah, IMO/IME minerals/etc. can cause a lot of the "drying towel issues". Simply letting WWMFs (or bath towels for that matter) dry out (without laundering them) generally results in stiffness and lack of absorbency/adsorbency IME.

I`m gradually getting a handle on my water-quality issues, and my WWMFs are adsorbing water infinitely better than they had been. Getting the minerals out seemed to be the answer in my case. (Gotta post an update on the "Wish my WWMFs Didn`t Do This" thread some time.)