PDA

View Full Version : Photo paper recommendations??

JaCkaL829
07-30-2005, 01:26 PM
As the title says, for the DCers that print their own photos what type of paper do you prefer and recommend? I`ve been helping my father finish our basement and we now have a bunch of sheetrocked walls. I plan on sprucing it up a bit by printing some of my "better" photos and framing them. Mainly 8x10s. Anyway I went to Staples a couple weeks back and immediately picked up some Fuji Premium Plus Photo paper (glossy), free after rebate :jump .
When I printed out my picture(lake shot), it was eaten by reflections in my basement, mainly from the fluroscent lights. My friend`s father who is like an Autopian in photography, gave me some sample papers (glossy, semi-glossy, matte) to play around with. I wanted to talk to him more on it, but he was in a rush. After reading a little bit online and taking a ride to Staples I smoked my brains in all the brands/types of photo paper :crazy .
I`m looking for a high quality, consumer photo paper. Nothing to crazy, my camera isn`t insane(FinePix S5100) neither is my photo printer (HP Photosmart 7450). I`m thinking the Kodak Ultima Satin photo paper is my best bet for my application. Just curious as to what some of you DCers use??
:bigups

pappy
07-30-2005, 04:09 PM
well i use the gloss paper that u tried first. but if that doesnt work i dont know. if you have the mate or semi gloss. try that. are u going to just staple these up or mount them in some kind of frame. you could try using a frame with glass in front and mount them in there. like 8 per frame. Ive never tried this but you could give it a shot.

P.S. I got the same camera. real nice photos. wish it had the image stabalization but guess thats what the tripod is for hahah.

Hope you figure it out.