PDA

View Full Version : Ultima PPP Question

KnuckleBuckett
03-30-2008, 06:55 AM
106ff has a cut of 2.5

85rd has a cut of 1.5

What cut does Ultima PPP have?

Can I use this with an LC black pad to jewel the finish before applying Ultima PGP?

Using a Flex.

Alfisti
03-30-2008, 10:58 AM
UPPP is pad dependant, like OP. Similar cut too.

If you`ve used OP you`ll know its correcting ability is moderate/mild with an orange pad and burnishes up nicely with a light polishing pad.

I think LC black it too mild. I use it with a Sonus green and finishes up nicely.

Hope this helps.

BigJimZ28
03-30-2008, 11:41 AM
from the Ultma FAQ:

Fine swirls... yes. Scratches? It will depend on how hard the paint is. However, I have compared it side-by-side with Meguiar`s ScratchX (also mild), and it does about the same amount of work.

The applicator provided with Ultima Paint Prep Plus does a great job removing swirls by hand. If you rub vigorously, it will also go after light scratches.

db

detaildoc
03-30-2008, 11:47 AM
106ff has a cut of 2.5

85rd has a cut of 1.5

What cut does Ultima PPP have?

Can I use this with an LC black pad to jewel the finish before applying Ultima PGP?

Using a Flex.

It is very mild, but yes you can use it with the LC black pad and it will result in a great gloss. I use it both with a white pad for polishing and then with a blue pad for the gloss and it works great.

Gemini13
03-30-2008, 12:33 PM
Just curious as to how much PPP everyone is using and the ~ work time.

KnuckleBuckett
03-30-2008, 01:11 PM
I start out witha shot of QD onto the pad and then two light rings around the pad. Sometimes less. No need to over do it that would just be expensive and overload your pad(s).

Gemini13
03-30-2008, 09:15 PM
I start out witha shot of QD onto the pad and then two light rings around the pad. Sometimes less. No need to over do it that would just be expensive and overload your pad(s).

Thats why ask because the directions say a ring and I`ve seen people post 3 dots and thats a pretty big difference. I have XMT pad conditioner that I intend to use.