PDA

View Full Version : was wondering....

cctxdetailer
03-29-2008, 11:06 PM
hello. I just wanted to introduce myself. been a lurker for a few weeks now and have read some helpful tips from you guy`s posts. Thanks. I`m down here in the Corpus Christi Texas and have been doing light to medium detail work for dealerships, credit unions and oustside customers on and off for about fifteen years now and am going to start up again. I`ve also worked for a detail supply company(american detail supply) here in Corpus.

My question for you all is, does anyone use paint guns to apply vinyl protectants to door panels and instrument panels? I usually use regular spray bottles but the triggers don`t last too long. I use a paint gun for applying tire dressing to the tires and fender wells.

was just wondering what yall used......Thanks!:cooleek:

jwinders
03-30-2008, 05:20 AM
What did you think about that mud rain last week? I was down there for spring break and I thought that was crazy! I bet you got a lot of business from that though.

cctxdetailer
03-30-2008, 07:25 AM
it was nasty. Unfortunatley I wasn`t doing any details. I was delivering detail supplies and chemicals to the detail shops and car washes. Getting in and out of those places with the delivery truck was crazy.

I start detailing at a hyundai dealership on the 14th. I`ll be doing new, trade ins, auction cars, outside customers, and enviromental packages.(rust proofing) I did this for about ten years at the honda dealership here in town. But have been out of serious detailing for about 2 years. I still have all my equipment but thinking of adding the cyclo polisher to my arsenal. Not sure if its as versatile as the websites make it out to be.