PDA

View Full Version : any prep for adding second coat of wax?

JasonLI18T
03-29-2008, 12:30 PM
My car currently has two coats of klasse SG on it. Yesterday, i washed with a mild solution, and then put some carnauba wax on at the end. The car currently has 2 coats of SG and 1 coat of wax. Since doing this, the car hasn`t moved. Is there anything i need to do before adding a second coat of carnauba today?

Also, if i want to add additional coats of SG in the future, do I need to start over? Or is there a way to remove the wax without removing the sealant, and then once again apply some more SG?

Thanks for the help.

Also, the wax is 100 pure carnauba with no cleaners or solvent, so don`t worry, its not taking off the existing SG. :)

clnfrk
03-29-2008, 07:54 PM
My car currently has two coats of klasse SG on it. Yesterday, i washed with a mild solution, and then put some carnauba wax on at the end. The car currently has 2 coats of SG and 1 coat of wax. Since doing this, the car hasn`t moved. Is there anything i need to do before adding a second coat of carnauba today?

Also, if i want to add additional coats of SG in the future, do I need to start over? Or is there a way to remove the wax without removing the sealant, and then once again apply some more SG?

Thanks for the help.

Also, the wax is 100 pure carnauba with no cleaners or solvent, so don`t worry, its not taking off the existing SG. :)

I think it would be very difficult, if not impossible to remove the coat of wax without compromising the SG underneath it also. If the car was parked outside at all between your first coat of wax and now I personally would rewash it before applying a second coat as their would definitely be some dust and dirt on the paint in that case. If it was parked inside a closed garage then I would probably just very lightly wet dust it with a microfiber beforehand.

imported_DieselMDX
03-29-2008, 11:40 PM
i use a qd before apply a second caor of wax

imo yes i am pretty sure u need bare paint or common product to layer SG

Accumulator
03-30-2008, 01:08 PM
IF there`s any chance that something (dust, etc.) might`ve settled on the vehicle I`d give it a *VERY* gentle QDing.

No way to redo the SG without stripping off the wax and that`ll compromise whatever SG is there too; IMO the simple thing is to just start over with the AIO step. Next time I`d go for more layes of SG before you top it (if you top it at all ;) ).