PDA

View Full Version : 1Z Cockpit UV?

mnguyen110
03-28-2008, 05:23 PM
Is the 1z cp applied weekly enoung to proctect against UV damage? or should I use another protectant/dressing and maintain w/ cp?

2KLS1
03-28-2008, 05:46 PM
I wrote to 1Z a few months back and this is what they told me:

"

Hello Jorge,

Thank you for your email. Cockpit Premium lacks the strong UV protection of

exterior protectant Vinyl-Rubber Care `Tiefenpfleger` due to its intent to be used on interior surfaces. Today`s automotive glass already filter the majority

of UV rays. Therefore, additional UV protection is unnecessary. The only time this is not the case is if you have a convertible top in which case a protectant like Vinyl-Rubber Care will offer protection. What Cockpit Premium does contain are ingredients that protect against fading due to heat. You can spray Vinyl-Rubber Care on interior surfaces as well but you should not apply it on areas such as the steering wheel, pedals and shift knob due to its slippery finish.

Hope this helps. If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you again and best regards,

Mike

einszett Customer Support

Orange, California 92867

888-719-4698

"

So I guess it doesn`t have much UV protection but according to them you don`t really need it :nixweiss: .

mnguyen110
03-28-2008, 05:57 PM
Thanks for the info 2kls1, so what do you use on the interior?

2KLS1
03-28-2008, 07:15 PM
Thanks for the info 2kls1, so what do you use on the interior?

Uhmm.....1Z Cockpit Premium...LOL . I still like the stuff :grinno: . I usually use a sunshade while the car is parked anyway so I don`t worry too much about it.

derekbmw
03-28-2008, 07:18 PM
great info, wonder what Tiefenpfleger smells like, anyone know?

P1et
03-29-2008, 08:16 AM
Did I jus hear Cockpit Premium? I must run downstairs and go smell it now. That stuff smells amazing, probably why I use it so much...